deux

There was never a moment that she imagined would be more important to her, a day that was any less remarkable than this one would have been unless she was in her sister's place. When feeling like your heart was being pulled from your chest, you came to understand that some feelings of sadness were only inevitable in life, more so as she watched Bella slowly make her way down the aisle that Alice had intricately put together, forming a passage that Andy couldn't walk on alongside her sister for perhaps the first time. 

Still, she would gladly give her heart, beating and bloody, for the happiness of her sister even as she knew that the time would come where she would lose Bella to this, that one day she would no longer get to see the sister that she loved so dearly.

These past months had bridged whatever gap that had come between them, Andy forging the connection with a determination that made them as close as they had once been before, an understanding of how they had separated, of how they had each caused it in their own way, now clear and Andy took everything she was in order to get herself to let her go. 

A hand slid down her arm, warm fingers brushing the exposed skin of her arm to link their fingers together tightening enough to tug her slightly closer so she could rest her head gently against his broad shoulder, careful of the intricate curls that were done for the evening.  

Quil wrapped an arm around her waist and Andy rested a hand against his chest, watching with this rapt attention as Bella passed her by, this awestruck expression open for all to see as she only had eyes for Edward where he stood at the altar, the same devotion and dedication reflected in his eyes. 

She wondered if her love ever looked to her like that, if she would ever be able it like how she could see Bella and Edward. She could feel it, the way his love poured from him when she was near without fail but she found that such looks were never there when you were looking for them. 

Her heart stammered when she glanced back to find him already looking her way, a small smile gracing his lips and Andy wanted to just melt against him, to pull him away from all the eyes, from all the vampires that were making him uncomfortable and keep him to herself. Andy felt like she could cry, the hand on his chest curling tighter in his clothes as she watched them exchange vows, knowing that he would be all that she had left at one point - probably one point soon. 

And she would be okay with just him, she supposed, Quil was more than enough to keep her happy and loved, even if it meant that she would be losing her family and devoting herself fully to him. It was something she could do if it meant keeping him happy as well. 

Being happy was more than enough with him. 

It was like a spell broke after the couple kissed, the guest clapping politely as the pair slowly parted from each other. Andy had to shake herself free of the hypnotized state she had fallen into, her free hand coming up to wipe away the tears she didn't know she shed. 

She smiled brightly for her sister as she passed, Bella reached out a hand to her and Andy grabbed on tight, squeezing her love into the gesture, - a plethora of colours that she willed her to feel before slowly pulling her hand away to hold back onto Quil, 

He was always so aware of her and only held her to him as she collected herself, the other few members of the pack coming together to join his side, Seth giving her this giant grin that she found herself easily returning, Lynn placing a hand to her shoulder, reaching to comfort in the way that she could. Thankful for the three, Andy pulled herself together with a deep breath and took a step back, straightening out the lavender dress she wore, fingers tingling under the feel of the lace. It was expensive and chosen by Alice to match the rest of the Cullen girls, announcing her as one of them among the gathered.