Code Nexus (2395)

"Doctor...we finally did it. We are finally able to maintain constant pressure and stability on the dark matter particles founded by our expedition team."

" Perfect, with this we can create better efficient energy for further travel in space. This is a astonishing finding!"

"Should we report this to the General?", asked one of the scientists still analyzing the stability.

"Not just yet Dr. Connor. We have to make sure stability is still sustained for another 24 hours. Then we'll report to the General.", replied Dr. Walker, head scientist of project Nexus.

All the scientists continued to work on the project Nexus while others were working on the Mk. I exo-skeletons of program ATLAS. ATLAS program was founded on June 12, 2375 by Dr. Micheal Hendricks and Luna Hendricks. The purpose of the project was to help maintain order and balance within the government system, and to help in expedition missions to recover rare resources in the Milky Way. By this time, the Navy along with NASA designed ships to travel through space with the help of a prototype hyper-drive discovered in the year 2266. The hyper drive could only travel to Neptune and back to Earth. Unfortunately, it is not powerful enough to break out of the galaxy.

Inside Lab 23-F, the room was large enough to fit two football stadiums. The room was pure white with a temperature of 25 degrees Fahrenheit to help prevent over-heated of their machines. If the temperature is above 50 degrees, the room will have to be flushed out with nano-machines to kill bacteria and other substances unknown to the eye.

In the lab you can see at least 30 scientists working on ATLAS suits, drones, vehicles, aircraft, and weapons. In one of the rooms, Dr. Micheal Henderson is performing tests on the Mk. I power-suit while his wife is helping another team on project CERBERUS.

Dr. Micheal, begins a two-mirror window, looks into the room where a soldier is testing the Mk. I. "Things are looking good Private Hawk. I need you to walk at least 40 meters north and 25 meters south. We need to test the hydraulics of the suits legs.", asked Dr. Micheal as begins to write notes on a holographic touchpad.

The soldier nodded his head as he carefully begins to walk 40 meters north. Clearly it was a struggle for him, each step he makes due to the weight of the armor. His muscle mass wasn't on par with the requirements for the program nor his height but Dr. Henderson made an exception.

Each step he makes sounded like a thud on metal. Every step he makes, he can feel his muscle begins to wear out on him. "Sir, i don't believe I can continue with this. I feel too much stress on my body...", cried the 22 year old private.

"Apologizes Private, but we need more results. Try to do as the doctor says then we can finish your test.", replied in an attitude from a female scientist on the intercom in the room. The private shook his head and tried to ignore the pain as he kept moving further north reaching the mark of 40 meters. The helmet he wore has a visor to show him when he reached the goal and added a check to the box of the objective. The next objective then appeared on his visor to make 25 meters south.

The soldier focused his vision on his legs as they began to shake. He felt a slight pain when he made the first step and another on the second. However, the Private began to sweat uncontrollably and his leg muscles began to tear. He screamed in pain as he fell to the floor trying to rip the suit off. The scientists behind the mirror freaked out except for Dr. Henderson. He stood their with disappointment in his eyes as he say the boy suffered. Fixing his glasses, he tapped on his screen and the suit went into an armor lock function. Locking the Private into place, which made the Private panic even worse.

"I can't move! I can't-"
"That will be all Private.", said Dr. Henderson with disgust in his voice. "Get the boy out the armor, we'll finish the test later. Also prepare medical treatment on him as well."