The Monsters above

"Hey Seah! Look what I found!"
The tiny seahorse gave a wide grin to his sister as he pulled something behind him.

    Seah frowned at the large pink structure that he had heaved up with his tail. It was long, with a bud like structure jutting out on either side.

It was their annual expedition day.

      A day they would eagerly wait for throughout the year. A day when their entire group of friends would go out to explore whatever was left of the ocean.

     However, this year wasn't a very exciting one. Most of their friends had fallen ill or had to attend some relative's funeral or such, thanks to the humans that conquered the world above them.

    These humans had lived peacefully enough, loving the creatures that lived below, but then, with the creation of what they called 'plastic', things changed.

Tick tock.

      Little did these aquatic inhabitants know that those humans whom they had thought of as friends would turn into their worst nightmares so fast.

Very soon, the once lush blue had turned to a murky grey with all the plastic and litter sprayed everywhere. It was destroying their home. Their oxygen supply had decreased rapidly, killing thousands of aquatic creatures.

The seahorses had had to shift their abode fifty times so far.

      Rick sighed. He knew what his sister was thinking.
It hurt.

They both sat on a pennatula, wondering what was to happen next when suddenly, Seah gave a small gasp.

Something big, transparent and large was floating towards them. Was it a jellyfish? Or maybe some dead plant?

     Seah moved up to greet this new intruder when suddenly, it fluffed up like a bag and waved two thin hands at her. Seah stood still, unable to decipher what this glimmering transparent object was.

Then it clicked.

    Before she could do anything, the monster expelled all the air inside it and dived in, surrounding her in a tangling mesh of glimmering plastic.

   It's arms clamped together below her, trapping her inside the ball of plastic. She tried to push desperately as the plastic bag entered into the gaping mouth of a sea anemone and collapsed onto her.

     Rick came screaming frantically, trying to find a way to free her. She gasped for air, struggling to push herself away from the collapsing giant.

Rick was crying outside, trying to push the plastic with his petite body.

She could feel it. She could feel the pain that snaked its way up her body. She could feel her lungs giving away as the oxygen got pushed away from her by this devil. Spots began dancing near her eyes as everything got blurry with the tears that threatened to spill out. She could even feel the anemone choking due to lack of air.
   The wrapper tightened it's descend on her, cradling her into an eternity of sleep.

     Be strong.

Gasping heavily, she mouthed her last words to a wailing Rick before the darkness caved in forever.

                         ----×----