(Ch6 Pt4) -Colter-

___________________________________________________ 

Chapter  Pt.IV

"Who the Hell Is Leviticus Cornwall?"

___________________________________________________

Guns blazing, bullets ripped and flew through the cold air around them like a pointed knife. Luckily, Tulip had gotten repeater rounds from the dead bodies, the train was quite guarded than she had originally thought. It was owned by Cornwall though, so it wasn't too surprising.

*pitwang!*

One of them ricocheted. Another bullet grazed Arthur's hat, "Shit, that was close..."

"There better be money at the end of this!" Lenny took cover behind a stack of iron bars on the train, dragging a corpse over to grab what little ammo it had to offer.

"All these bastards must be guarding something." He yelled over the gunfire.

"We need the car in the back, right?"

"Yep, keep pushin' on 'em." One by one, the guards were dropping like flies. "You doin' good, kid." Arthur asked, checking over everyone as he dipped his head lower in his cover. "You still okay?"

"Mm-hm." Shots near her made the earth and snow explode around her, she'd reflexibly flinch away from the shots.

Tulip placed her Winchester on top of a rock, Arthur and Lenny were drawing the fire and attention now, making almost none of the shots focused on her.

"I think so." Lenny yelled.

"Good."

For a moment, she focused and breathed, then closed her eyes. Within the next second, Tulip exhaled, then her eyes shot open. Darting, she rapidly adjusted her rifle and as quick as a flash, Tulip let fire, pulling her lever-action in each shot. Her Winchester spewed out black and dirty smoke, its muzzle spitting out blazing light.

The rounds ripped through the air, Tulip's aim was true as they've found their carefully placed marks. She wanted her kills to be clean, but one of the guards moved as the bullet whizzed past. Instead of tearing their way through that man's skull, it tore through the man's neck instead. He panicked at the suddenness of it, running and stumbling in the midst of the shootout before finally going down, their blood spooling forth from an opened wound.

No matter how many she took down expertly, more seemed to pop up as if they had an endless supply of them. "Damn, he's got an army! Who is this guy?" Lenny cursed.

"Where the hell are the others?" Arthur bellowed, Tulip sneered at their absence too. Who knows how long they could hold before running out of bullets?

"I don't know!"

"Shoot 'em! Shoot 'em!" The guards hollered.

More began to appear from the back of the locomotive. "Goddamnit, I thought that was all of them!"

"We're gonna get out of this." Arthur reassured, being level-headed, and shooting their enemies with an experienced aim.

"Oh, I know we are."

Slowly, Arthur and the others moved up inch by inch, making ground and pushing back the enemies. Tulip took cover by a tree, Arthur dove into cover with the rocks, and Lenny did the same. Soon, Tulip's ears caught a faint sound of humming, hooves that were pounding the earth amidst the shootout. "Hey! There's the other boys!" Arthur pointed out. "Watch it, more of 'em head!"