(Ch11 Pt2) -Horseshoe Overlook-

___________________________________________________

Chapter 11 Pt.II

"Mud & Morons"

(Polite Society, Valentine Style)

___________________________________________________

The horses nickered, tossing about their beautiful brown mane as they trotted along the dirt path to Valentine. The sky was clear blue, animals playfully scurried along in the thick brushes of the wilderness. A common American Red Fox would occasionally dash by, sometimes even underneath the wagons or in-between the horse's legs.

Willow was swinging her legs in a carefree way as usual, sitting by Tulip's side while Sadie was at the back of the wagon. Arthur was glad with the company they brought along...except for Uncle. But it wasn't true hate or anything, much like Willow, he just likes to poke fun of Uncle most of the time.

Most of the time.

Uncle looked over his shoulder, "Ladies, sing us a song."

The girls chuckled and even Tulip and Willow looked at each other with a smile, "Might as well sing songs and have fun while it lasts am I wrong?" Sadie found it so strange how the gang could be so destructive and threatening, yet here they are, getting ready to have their share of entertainment and joyous time.

"I..." Karen began, "Got a girl in Berryville...can't be screwed 'cause she's too damn ill. So I don't go down there no more, there's a blue horse lays outside her door!"

Soon, the others joined and Willow roughly pulled Tulip and began swaying again from side to side, Tulip rolled her eyes, sighing yet smiling. Tulip hummed along, "I got a girl in Valentine...likes to drink that fancy wine!"

May-Beth raised her arms, "Plumes in her hat was two feet tall...the crack in her pants paid for it all!

"I got a girl in Berryville!" Willow chuckled while doing the chorus, Uncle was laughing and clapping a bit, "Can't get in her cause she won't stay still! She kicks and squeals and farts and hollers!"

"Won't take less than seven dollars!" They all laughed and clapped, Arthur was grinning and shaking his head, it was too catchy. While Sadie on the other hand was actually humming along too, she couldn't help but smirk a tiny bit. The little posse was laughing already, they all haven't had this much fun for a long time after that botched ferry heist, Tulip and the others had already forgotten it during these moments.

As they crossed the roads up towards the railroads that led to the livestock town of Valentine, they saw something racing by at ludicrous speeds. Uncle was the first to point it out (literally), "Look at that coach, he's all over the place."

"Oh, goddamnit! Oh shit, the horses!" The man cried out. "Damn horses..."

The wagons stopped right next to each other and Sadie was watching the two draft horses break off in two separate directions, "Is one of you gonna get that feller's horse?"

Uncle looked at Mrs. Adler, "Oh, I got lumbago, it's very serious!"

Arthur was going to make a snide remark, but Willow beat him to it and placed her hands on her hips, "Oh sureee ya do, old man!"

"Alright, I'll see what's going on..." Tulip sighed, jumping off. Arthur glanced at her, "You don't have to do it, Tulip." He continued, knowing how stubborn she was nonetheless. "Lumbago. Really..." He looked to her and sighed.