❆ Subaru's Christmas Special ❆

"What the hell is this, (f/n)?" Subaru asked, looking at the small elf sitting on the living couch.

"It's called an elf on the shelf, Subaru." You smiled at him, but he still looked confused.

"Why?" He sighed at out of pure annoyance.

"Because December started and Christmas is coming!" You giggled.

"So, why is this thing on the couch?" He was getting more annoyed.

"Because he chose to sit there." You smiled.

"Well, move it you dumb shit!" Subaru shouted at the elf, thinking that it cared about what he would say.

You had to hold in a laugh, but it was hard to do so. You snapped out of it when Subaru started to reach for the elf.

"Stop it, Subaru!!" You shouted as you grabbed the arm that was reaching for the elf.

"Why!" He shouted back in your face.

"That's Santa's little helper, Subaru!" You told him, "You can't touch him or else he can't go back to the North Pole to report to Santa!"

"Santa isn't real, (f/n)!"

"You wouldn't know because you guys never got a proper Christmas!" You pointed out, "Subaru, his job is to go back to the North Pole every night to tell Santa if you've been naughty or nice. It's not just you though, it's all of us in the house."

"So, what? He's gonna mark his territory with gumdrops and candy canes on this exact spot until christmas has arrived?" Subaru was now getting curious.

"No Subaru, but since he knows that you're vampires, he'll have to go to the North Pole when we're all asleep in the daytime."

"How is he gonna do that with everyone outside?"

"Santa's little helper knows some tricks up his sleeve." You had a proud smile on your face.

"How do you know about all of this?"

"I had one visit my house every year when I was younger. I always saw a little boy elf in peculiar places, like in my bathroom, the kitchen cabinet, hiding in the bookshelf. It was always fun to find it everyday." You had a look of nostalgia on your face that made Subaru's nonexistent heart gave a silent beat (aka an echo in that shell of a body).

"Is it the same one?" He asked.

"I'm not sure, but I like to think that he followed me from home." You looked at Subaru, "But he has more of a workload than any of us would ever have."

"It can't be THAT much." Subaru rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"He has to keep an eye on six vampires and two human girls, he'll have more trouble with you six than Yui and I." You giggled.

"You're a jerk."

"Oh come on! Don't be Mr. Grinch!"

"Fine, whatever. So, what was your elf's name?"

"My silly self named it (silly name)." You became shy really quick.

"Then this one will be (silly name), too."

"Even if it's not the same elf?"

"You know how many people in the world have the same name? A lot, now i'm sure that this elf can share too." You saw Subaru puff out his cheeks.

"Okay okay. We should go and try to convince the others not to touch (silly name)." You let out a nervous giggle thinking about Kanato and Ayato.

"Yeah, sure, let's go." Subaru took your hand as he led you out of the living room.

Once the two of you left, the elf took a huge breath of air and relaxed on the couch. He smiled at the fact that you remembered the tradition for so many years.

"I'll watch over you again, (f/n)," He smiled to himself, "I'm happy that you remember the name you gave me. Good luck trying to convince everyone. Well, time to tell Santa that I found my kid again!"

With that, the little elf took off into the night.

____

I know I made this one short but I remembered the elf on the shelf tradition from years ago! And I was thinking that they had the original one, only one skin tone and only one gender.

This little guy! What was your elf's name? (If you guys ever had an elf on the shelf) My elf's name was Elfie, my mom wanted it to be Elfonso 😭