10 - With Monsters Much Bigger

Getting up from our spots on the dirty floor we made our way away from the train tunnel. I was still quite shaken if I'm being honest here. So far the panic room hadn't really preyed on my biggest fears. There was my nyctophobia of course. Nyctophobia is an intense fear of the dark, it basically makes you think about all the terrible things that could happen. I don't exactly have that though, I'm not scared of any old darkness, I'm scared of the kind that's so dark that it seems to be closing in on you. Where it feels like it's trying to suffocate you, the kind where you can't see at all.

One of my other greatest fears is large open or empty spaces. Kenophobia is what it's called. Now when you search up what is a fear of large open spaces called then you'll come up with agoraphobia, which is mostly fear of being embarrassed in public. (Don't worry guys, this is actually what they're called. Yes, I do do my research sometimes.) So yes, I'm going with Kenophobia, which is related to social anxiety, and emptiness. It is translated from a Latin word and it roughly translates to fear of the empty. I'm not particularly fitting for that description though because I'm fine with empty spaces of anywhere to a 15x15ft room. It's after that though that truly freaks me out.

Mostly the Panic Room has been exploiting smaller fears of mine. Maybe though they are major fears for one of the boys. You never know. So now we're back to walking. Walking, and walking, and walking, and walking some more. You know I never thought that walking could be so mundane. Outside the Panic Room, there's trees and clear watered creeks. Here in the Panic Room, there is nothing. At least not at the moment. You know what I'm glad that there's nothing.  If there was out little trio would probably be in another life threatening and terrifying situation.

So yeah, more walking. Looking up from the boring grey floor I peered into the darkness ahead of us. I froze almost immediately. Up ahead I could just barely see a gathering cloud of darkness. One of my worst fears, suffocating darkness. I whirled around to look at the boys, a scream lodged in my throat. Both had realization drawing on their faces almost instantly being replaced with overwhelming terror. The giant cloud seemed to form into a giant dog, then it solidified. I know, I know that's impossible but believe me, it solidified. You want to know how I could tell? Well, let's just say we could feel it's great paws pounding steps as it chased us growling. 

Hey guys! Sorry for the short update!!