The Fall

It wasn’t a peaceful life anymore. Fire and flares could be seen anywhere. Explosion showed up all around the country. Sound of war filled the air. Everything burned. Dead body couldn’t be avoided. People ran around finding some place to hide to keep themselves save. Stratiotis scattered on every corner of the country. Weapons in their hands.

Nobody could exactly remember when this started. That day, the sky of Primera suddenly filled with fleets of war. And then, bullets and fire balls came down like a droplets of rain. Huge and dangerous creature called Profidium stepped it feet on the ground of Primera. A war declaration.

Stratiotis reported the news as soon as possible to King Cordatus, the king of Primera. King Cordatus quickly called out all soldiers he has. “The peacefulness of Primera has been destroyed, save the citizen!” he commanded. He himself, left his chair and stood in the front line with both of his sons, Vechter and Fascino. The elite team accompanied them. They were ready.

One of the enemy’s fleets stopped on top of the palace. The door of it opened and revealed a man with a long sword in his hand. “The King of Primera!” he shouted. King Cordatus looked up. Suddenly the man jumped from the plane. Everybody held their weapons up, ready to attack.

“It’s nice to meet my old friend after a long time,” the man said.

King Cordatus eyes widened. “Skotadi?” he asked.

“Good afternoon, Your Majesty,” Skotadi said as he bowed for the king.

“Dad, who’s that?” Vechter asked.

“Skotadi, what does this all mean?” King Cordatus asked.

“Let’s just call it a payback,” Skotadi said.

“What do you mean?” Cordatus asked.

“Did you realize? Because of you, Impius lost its crown prince!” Skotadi yelled. He didn’t let his old friend say any word. He ran up to pierce his sword to Cordatus’ body. He held his sword tightly and swung it without any hesitation. But a sword blocked his attack.

“Don’t you dare to get any nearer!” Vechter said in a cold tone. He stood in front of his dad with his sword being held up to block Skotadi’s attack.

Skotadi jumped back. “Isn’t it the prince? Vechter right?“ he asked with a fake friendly face.

“Erase that ugly look from your face! I’m not a child you can trick easily with that fake friendly look!” Vechter yelled. He ran up towards Skotadi.

“You’re not alone, Brother,” Fascino said before he ran after his twin brother.

“Vechter! Fascino!” King Cordatus screamed. He couldn’t drag his sons to his problem. He was about to ran after his sons but suddenly some soldiers with Impius uniform jumped from the plane. They stopped his track. Though he didn’t want it, he needed to beat them or they’ll harm the others.

Vechter swung his sword to Skotadi’s chest. The man blocked his attack easily. But he didn’t see Fascino coming. Fascino’s sword managed to slice Skotadi right arm. Skotadi stepped back, surprised. He looked at both the princes with eyes full of hate and anger.

“Did we surprise you?” Vechter asked with a smirk.

“Well, you both did,” Skotadi replied. He smiled an evil smile.

Fascino stepped so he stands beside his brother. “Impius, the most trusted country, the most trusted partner of Primera. Both Primera and Impius already had many wars fought together. Why are you against us?”

“Why are we against you? You didn’t know?” Skotadi asked. His anger only became worse.

“What we didn’t know?” Fasino asked back.

“Your father didn’t tell you? What a-“

“Just tell us already,” Vechter cut Skotadi’s sentence off.

“You little brat, your father didn’t teach you any manners?” Skotadi gritted his teeth. He walked up to both of the princes of Primera. His sword gripped tightly on his side. “Let me tell you then, but before that, I’ll tell you who I am.”

The princes took a step back and got to a fighting pose. Vechter glanced shortly to his father far behind him. The soldiers of Impius still surrounded him, keeping him busy.

“I am Skotadi Diez Impius, the king of Impius! The father of Prince Skia Diez Impius!” he yelled out. “Now I don’t have anyone to continue my job as a king because of what your father did! Now Impius didn’t have its crown prince because your father killed him!”

Both the sons of King Cordatus were surprised. They couldn’t believe what they hear. Their father couldn’t possibly kill someone. Just right then, they lost their defense of theirselves.

Skotadi held his sword up. He pierced it into Vechter’s stomach.

“Brother!”

Vechter gasped. He let out a painful groan when the sword being pulled out of his tummy. His hand found its way to his wounded stomach. Blood spilled out. His knees gave out and he fell to the ground. His head started to throb while his vision started to get blurry.

“Vechter!” Fascino called his brother’s name out as he kneeled down beside him. He wrapped an arm around Vechter’s shoulder. He placed his other hand on top of Vechter’s hand that gripped onto his stomach tightly.

“Next is you!” Skotadi held his sword up high.

King Cordatus managed to dodge the last Impius’ soldier. He quickly ran towards both of his sons. He jumped in front of them right when Skotadi swung his sword. It stabbed him right in the chest. His breath stopped.

“Dad!” Fascino cried out.

Skotadi pulled his sword back with a satisfied smile on his face. He let the king’s body fell to the cold ground. He kicked him as if he was nothing but a trash. “What a good day,” he said to himself.

“Fascino, go check on Dad, don’t let that crazy man do anything to him. I’ll be fine,” Vechter said between his unstable breath.

Fascino nodded before he ran towards his dad’s weak body. “Stay away from him!” he yelled as he jumped in front of his dad to stop Skotadi from getting any nearer. He kneeled down and pulled his father’s body close to him. He glared up at Skotadi

“No need to look so scared,” Skotadi laughed, “I’m just going to say my goodbye.” He kneeled down beside the wounded Cordatus. He put a hand on his shoulder.

“I guess this is our farewell, King Cordatus,” he said.

Vechter used the strength he still has to threw his sword towards Skotadi. But at the same time, a plane showed up and built some transparent wall around the murderer. Skotadi threw a wicked smile to him before turning around. He walked in to his fleet war with a winning expression on his face. Stratiotis came to attack him. But the wall kept him safe. Vechter gritted his teeth. He couldn’t do anything. Slowly, the door of the plane closed. Right then and there, Vechter lost his consciousness.