Chapter 9

"She was traumatized and she needed to talk with someone," she thought splashing cold water on her face.

The girls she just met were deeply hurt, they were hurt to the extent they thought all the brutality they faced they deserved. She huffed again thinking that cruel past of Sulekha.

"I woke up to the swinging of my bed, I thought there was a quake again but when I opened my eyes I found myself in a van surrounded by many girls of nearly my age....

She sat on the resting chairs of the central jail. Yes; the girls were brought to the jail after the raid in a brothel.

"He promised me he will come for me, to take me away from the place and he raped me...again and again...

The words of Surekha kept ringing in her ears. If this was her condition after talking with just one girl how she was going to handle all others...

She was a psychiatrist, she was meant to help them but how she was able to do that... suddenly a pain-stricken face of Kumari came to her... the time she had rescued the two girls from the highway.

Her breaths started going faster and faster; she was still a weak person who got afraid when worst situations came...She needed to talk with someone soon to be fine and come to the girls with new energy.

"Dr. Shubhra, I want to talk to you, are you free? I am coming to the hospital." sending the quick message she left the big compound of jail.

______________*______________

"You look upset Dr anusha, what happened?" the senior doctor rushed to her as soon as she found the visible pale Anusha in her cabin.

"Wait a moment,..."and calling the staff for a cup of hot tea she leaned on the chair Anusha sat clumsily. "What happened, you had gone to meet the girls....right?"

"I met the girls Dr. Shubhra and they are not fine... I felt horrible seeing their condition...i don't know how I am going to help them." She said with a sigh more to herself.

"It's okay... massaging Anusha's left arm as her habit to calm her patients Shubhra consoled her.

"It is just you met them suddenly; you didn't know what you were going to meet there, that's why you are shocked." With the calmness of a psychiatrist Dr. Shubra stated as a matter of fact.

"Have this tea, you will feel better." Extending the tea to her side of table she too took a seat.

"Yeah, maybe it was the thing, I was just shocked... I will go visit them tomorrow." With a certain determination she replied.

"Thank you."

______________*______________

In the class she didn't feel well and so giving a case study to her students she took her seat... she had been feeling dizzy from a few days and this incident in morning.

"She needed to take care of her well." She told herself.

"Ma'am, I think the parents should not fight before their children, it is affecting the kids." One of her students was on her desk and telling her the observation.

"They are growing ruthless and the way elder one is behaving it seems it is the fight only which provoked him."

"Yeah, you are right... write your observations and mail me." Telling the girl she again went back to her thought processes which only took her to the troubled girls.

________________*________________

Frying the potatoes she looked towards the clock... it was half past 9, "not too late," telling her she resumed her work.

"Didi , I can help you..You must be tired." Kumara offered seeing her tired eyes.

"No kumari..i am fine besides I wanted to do it." She replied throwing a quick smile.

"Okay then, I will set the table." Kumari said as she picked up the cutleries.

"No, today your Bhaiya is again going to be late so you have your dinner, I'll wait for him." And she already made the plate.

"Di... Kumari called her.

"hmmm," rolling the chapattis she answered.

"bhaiya is home." And her heart felt relived hearing he was back....she needed to talk with him urgently.

___________*_________*___________-

Hello everyone...first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR, may this year be warm and full of hopes for you all.

Now big big apologies for being absent but I was just occupied with my life.

Anyways I am back and I have updated the next chapter...enjoy guys.

I sincerely hope you have not given up on them...

With love Morusya.