Chapter10

"Hey, what happened? "he asked scrapping the outer skin of drumsticks and crushing the inner softness filled with spices, from the time he was home he was sensing something was disturbing her.

"Nothing big..." and she kept taking small bites like the food felt poison to her.

"Anu, what happened... and he left his seat and came to her.

And circling him with the clean hand she hid her face in his torso and suddenly all the barriers broke... she tried muffling her cries but it seemed a big task.

Surprised by this he tried caressing her but due to both his hands dirty with gravy he just tried supporting her.

"Hey, what happened? Why are you crying?" she wasn't someone who was going to break like this, it was indeed something big.

She didn't want to cry but it all felt too much, she was trying to hold it till he was done with food but her face couldn't pretend the faked and as soon as he asked the question she broke.

"Anu... it is alright, I am here with you, just tell me what happened," he spoke in his calm voice but her cries never faltered and waiting for her to cry all the tears she wanted he just stood supporting her.

After a while when the consciousness hit her, she felt bad for breaking down this way, he couldn't even eat properly.

"sorry, it was, was nothing...trying to wipe the tears with the back of her palm she spoke.

Looking up to his face seemed so difficult due to embarrassment but he helped her situation and left from her side and she looked up only to find him entering the kitchen and though puzzled she waited for him wiping her cheeks dry.

Drying his hands with the kitchen towel he returned and she tried focusing her attention on the bowl of Sambhar in front of her and then the nearby chair was set beside her and he took the seat.

"now tell me what's the matter Anu?" he asked pulling her in a side hug.

The warmth from the hug poured life in her heart and she collected herself and then spoke, "let's talk after dinner, I am already feeling so bad I couldn't let you..." and he pressed her upper arm in an attempt to assure it wasn't anything big.

"We can always talk Anu... though we are both busy I am always here for you." he comforted her.

She didn't say anything for a long moment, " I want to share all this with you... perhaps I am failing Shishir..." and one more time the tears threatened to spill but before it happened, she made the fists and forced on the chair.

"Anu, it is alright... everything is going to be fine, let's just talk but before finish your plate...you have hardly touched anything." and he pulled the plate to his side and making a small bite forwarded to her lips.

"Shishir... I am okay, even you haven't eaten properly, please complete your meal," she said taking the bite.

"Arey...after so long I have gotten the moment to feed my wife, let me just enjoy the moment," and he made himself busy with serving one more chapati in the plate and she stared the face which reflected love and care for her.

"i am okay Shishir and besides Kumari or Baba might come and it doesn't feel good." her face reddened with the words.

"they are just going to witness Shishir Dixit romancing his wife... he said nonchalantly making another bite for her.

________________*________________

"i don't know Shishir how I am going to deal with it...i know I am being selfish but seriously I felt horrible." hugging his half sitting form she confessed.

"but you have helped Kumari and her sister, you can certainly do it..." he said tangling his fingers in her long hairs.

"do you know her step-brother promised he was coming to take her away and he never came back...came the lust-filled person who .....uff," and one more time her whole self-shuddered with the thought.

"there are a lot of places in the whole world Anu where these things keep happening... you should be happy they got saved and you are able to help them." he consoled her.

"but Shishir, I am not going to give them a better life as we did with Kumari and her sister... what If they never come out from this trauma?" and her suspicions came out.

"you never know what is going to be in next second, we can only hope for positive things and have belief on our efforts," he spoke in a deep voice.

"yeah..." and she closed her eyes for the comfort of this position was working on her tired nerves.

"and how come you were early, you told you were going to be late." she suddenly noticed.

"actually, the meeting got canceled, we might meet next Wednesday," he replied still caressing her hairs.

"do you remember our first meet?" he asked after a while.

The winter morning in that Delhi hospital she was completing her internship which was still as fresh as a yesterday thing walked in her eyes.

"Yeah..." she replied with the sleep trying to win the situation.

"So, you thought I was some celebrity?" he asked with a beautiful smile on his face.

"I wasn't wrong..." she replied opening her eyes.

"and I thought you were the one going to handle me?" he remembered the day.

"a Psychiatrist isn't able to cure cough and cold husband..." and she smiled on the memory.

He had thought she was the doctor who was going to do the checkup and he had told about the things he was allergic to before she was able to tell she wasn't his doctor.

"You seemed so innocent at that moment..." she spoke with joy visible in her voice.

"Yeah...and it was very much embarrassing for me afterward when you had left the corridor with that hidden laugh." she was amused on the situation and he had literally fallen for the psychiatrist in that single moment.

"it wasn't hidden Shishir...i think I hardly covered it." and one more time she laughed wholeheartedly on the incident.

"I feel those six meetings were way beautiful before our wedding... I kept scheduling my projects so i could get a chance to land Delhi." he still remembered the chaos in his office with his manager which happened because he wanted to meet Anusha.

"yeah, that was better, today we are together but we hardly have time for each other... and suddenly the atmosphere turned sour.

"let's leave all this, go to some village... I will work in some land, these biceps will work," gesturing towards his biceps he said.

"we would have two kids, you would take care of them at home and cook good food for me and then we will be together every morning and every night." and he waited for her reply.

"hahahahahah... Shishir, hahahahahah," and she stretched on the bed laughing hard on this offer.

"you are not taking me seriously... let's just start our part and create our babies before joining the  village," and he pulled her close to him and she laughed more as he nuzzled his cheeks in her neck.

__________________*_________________*__________________

The support on the last part made me write this part... I hope with your support I'll come with more frequent updates.

With love Morusya.