chapter 13

"you have been silent the whole time Anusha, I was observing you in the meeting." The father-like concern was visible in Dr. Vajpayee's voice.

"No sir, it was the work... perhaps I am tired," she replied trying a feeble smile on her dried lips.

"How was your meeting with the girls today? It went well??" he asked her trying to talk with her.

"i can't say how it was, they are depressed and I don't know how someone will take them back to the life," she mumbled as she switched on the monitor to show him the reports.

"i know you can try, you are one sensible person and they need you." Dr Vajpayee encouraged her.

"thank you, Sir, for your belief, I am trying." she smiled spreading moisture on her lips.

"so all of them are a case of sexual harassment... since they were recovered from the same place?" he asked after the slides stopped.

"No sir, there are a few minors who were being saved for a big money later... they have not been ill-treated but they know what was about to happen with them in a few days." she switched the slide to some ten slides forward.

"i have made a list of such girls whom I need to talk separately and whom I can work first so they can return their home since their chastity is intact, families might accept them back," she replied the same words the woman constable has told her back In the cell.

"that's a poor and sickening mentality, families do not blame the criminals or fight for their daughters but they see the chastity and their own pride." her mouth was going bitter with every word.

"so how do you think you can help them?" as per my experience such people lose hope in their life, Kindling the zeal to live again is a tough task for you.

"honestly I don't know, first I am going to talk because I feel sometimes a person needs someone to talk his/her heart out... the burden is less if we talk about it to someone we are sure not going to judge us," she spoke lost somewhere.

With the look the girl she last met has left the room, it only told her she was not believing Anusha, she needed to get closer to them if she wanted to help them.

What a joke it was, how can someone trust a person when life has broken their trust in people and the worst the people around them had hurt them the most.

"When is your next meeting with them?" he asked as she started packing her bag.

"next Friday, Police will inform me when do they want my help." she answered .

__________________-*__________________

"i don't like when she visits our House Di," Kumari started as soon as she entered the house.

"There is nothing to worry Kumari, and how many times I have told you not to watch these TV shows." she took a deep breath.

"they are spoiling you."

"How is Dada?" and please bring me a glass of water Love..." she asked throwing a quick glance on the plants near the long chairs of the hall.

"he is good... and I am not watching those shows Di." Anusha was sensing the disturbance in Kumari's voice.

She was still young to understand a few things, Shishir's job needed his attention on everything logical and sometimes illogical... Nitya was in his touch for years and she had a personal space in Shishir's life.

"by the way, where is Nikita?" she asked rubbing her temples.

"she has come." Muttered Kumari.

"arey , what happened... you know Nitya is your Dada's collogue." Anusha was a little stern this time/