Chapter 3: The Second Circle

Oliver opened a pentagram portal, a bit larger than the first one they went through to get to Satan's office.

   "Come on now, get through!" she said. 

   She kicked Chloe down, jumping through after her. Her shrieks filled the tight area they were in, Oliver sipping tea, and also about to go insane. Right before she strangled her, they landed in the second circle of hell, Lust. 

   "ID please," a groggy old voice asked them. It was an old gargoyle woman, holding out her hand.

   "Very well," Oliver smiled. She plucked off one of her blood red feathers, handing it to the lady. 

   "ID," she said to Chloe, lighting up a cigarette.

   Oliver pulled her up by the shoulder, pointing to the cross on her necklace. The lady groaned, nodding.

   "Have fun down here, ya little bitch," she muttered.

   "Um, excuse me?" Chloe responded.

   "Ya heard me," she said, puffing out smoke.

   "Hear this," she said. 

   She crossed her fingers saying, "The power of Christ compels you!" 

   The lady's face then exploded. Oliver watched in excitement, Chloe becoming splattered in blood.

   "We do not say things like that," she finished, wiping her hands. 

   "What a wonderful display!" Oliver cheered. She pulled a tiny pager out the feathers on her neck.

   "We need a new sentry for the gate at the beginning of Lust," she said.

   They walked down the pink sidewalk, surrounded by black and red buildings, all advertising many sexual products. 

   "Is it always this calm?" Chloe asked, looking around.

   "Rape and trafficking are common down here," Oliver replied.

   Chloe shuddered. They finally came in front of a pink building, the sign reading "Frilly." It was a bar from the looks of it. Oliver opened the door, a bell tinkling. Inside there were drunkards, a few smokers, and one particular woman in the corner.

   "Ah, Miss Black!" Oliver called to her. She turned her head, looking at the two of them.

   "What?" she asked.

   "This is Chloe! Since you represent Greed, I was wondering if you had called  her down here!" 

   "Nah," Widow said, taking a puff of her cigarette. "If I did, I would know. Besides, I don't think she's dead."

   Chloe didn't feel relieved. Widow was so calm, she didn't make her feel scared at all. Widow then looked back at her.

   "Maybe my sista called you down," she told her. Then the floodgates opened.

   "Sister?" she squeaked.

   "Ah, Miss Alura!" Oliver sang. "A great dancer I might add."

   "Where is she?" Chloe asked.

   "She's at the Sticky Cobweb," Widow snickered. "You'll have a blast."

   "Well, it was nice speaking to you, but we must get going!" Oliver said, kissing her hand. 

    She grabbed Chloe's arm and dragged her out. 

   "What? Is that... a strip club?" Chloe shuddered. 

   "Yep! Alura is one of their best!" Oliver replied.

   Chloe than began to go on a tirade, about how immoral this was, and how Alura should be getting punished for her sins. 

   "Alright, shut up. We're here," Oliver said.

   They went inside, instantly seeing a plethora of strippers.

   "Sticky Cobweb, how can I assist you?" a man asked, walking up. He was wearing a bouncer's outfit.

   "Alura, please! Satan's orders!" she replied, pulling out the list. 

   The bouncer led them deeper into the club, bringing them to a dressing room.

   "Miss Black? You have visitors," he said, knocking on her door.

   "Send them in~!" she sang. 

   The two went inside, Alura's back turned to them.

   "Well hello- LUCIFER!" she cried. "Ya'll scared me, I thought you were guys!"

   She jumped up, slinging her arm around Oliver's shoulders.

   "How can I help you, Ms. Working Man~?" she purred.

   "Well, when you stop acting like a slut, I have something for you."

   "God, you're such an asshole!" She looked over at Chloe. "Who's she?"

   "Exactly. We were wondering if you dragged her down here, maybe for being lusty," Oliver explained.

   Alura ran her hands down Chloe, making "tsk's" now and then.

   "Nope, she's way to fat," she finally said.

   "HEY!" Chloe glared. "I weigh an extra 5 pounds, but I'm not fat!"

   Oliver chuckled.

   "Well, thank you anyways Alura," she said, leading Chloe out the room.

   "Wait," she said. "You ain't gonna gimme a kiss~?"

    "Not now babe, I'm working," Oliver sighed annoyed.

   "Oh fine, whatever."

    They left the club, crossing Widow's name off the list. 

   "Next is Velvos, a reptilian demon in Gluttony," she said. "But first, I'm gonna go pee, you stay here and wait."

   She left her, leaving Chloe all alone in the dangerous place of Hell. 

   "Hey there~" someone whispered in her ear, pulling her into an alley.