Chapter 10: True Hell

Jadice felt warm breathing crawl down her neck. She turned her head, seeing Oliver's devilish grin. 

   "So you came, Oliver Seraphim," she grimaced. 

   "Seriously, why do you always use people's last names?" Oliver shook her head. "Anyways, Jadice... Jadice. If you can just give me back the human, we'll be on our way back to Limbo-"

   "Hell no," she replied. 

   She unsheathed a long dagger from her hip, pointing it towards Oliver's throat. Chloe watched in terror.

   "So that's how it's gonna be," she said, her smile dropping.

   She slashed at Jadice's face with her sharp claws, causing her to stumble back. She then struck at her legs with her cane. Unfortunately she was too slow, for Jadice had grabbed it. 

   "Satan's best? What a joke!" 

   She struck it down, right in between her horns.   

"They should call you his worse!"

   Another strike. 

   "And.. WHACK.. they should call you.. WHACK.."

   She began to become disoriented. Chloe had lost hope once she saw Oliver beginning to faint. She then heard something that chilled her bones. 

   Look away Chloe, I'm warning you, she heard someone whisper. 

   She looked back at Oliver. Once Jadice had finished her onslaught of whacking, she through the cane down the fire pit. 

   "Now Chloe..." she wiped her hands, walking over, "Who's going to save you next?"

   But her mockery was cut off by Chloe's eyes, wide. She was shivering in her spot. Jadice rolled her eyes and turned around once more. What she saw made her wide eyed too. Oliver was no longer smiling. She was frowning. She no longer looked like herself, a now disfigured creature.

   "Oh my.. god," Jadice began to gag.

   "Now," Oliver said. It was not her usual voice. It was now.. demonic. "We should call you 'puddle'... because you're just a bloody pulp.

   Oliver grabbed Jadice's throat, slamming her to the ground. She struggled against the beast she was facing, struggling for air.

   "Who's the worse now? WHO'S THE WORSE NOW?" she growled. 

   That was not Oliver. Her mouth was more disjointed, her horns more sharp. Her eyes were not their usual blood red. They were white.

   "YOU'VE MADE ME TAKE THIS HUMAN ALL THROUGH HELL, WHEN YOU KNOW I HATE HUMANS."

   She picked up Jadice, holding her over the pit.

   "I'll see you in Hell," she laughed, still frowning.

   Dropping her, she laughed maniacally, Chloe trembling in fear for what she just witnessed. It soon ceased, as Oliver quickly grinned, chuckling.

   "Ah, Chloe! Are you hurt?" she asked.

   "What the hell was that," she squeaked.

   "You idiot, I told you to look away! Well, we killed the demon. Mainly me. Let's get back to Limbo!"

   As if on cue, the pit erupted, a large Minotaur woman hopping out. She had the torso and chest of a woman, the legs and head of an antelope.

   "My dear Queen Malebolge!" Oliver exclaimed. 

   "Did you burn a demon?" she asked.

   "Why don't we keep this between us?" she grinned, handing her a nickel.

   "Get out my circle," she growled.

   Oliver quickly nodded, opening a very small portal, pushing Chloe in. She screamed, Oliver grabbing her cane as they fell. They then landed in two chairs. 

   "Well, I'm proud of you Oliver! Another case solved!" a gruff voice chuckled.

   "Why thank you Satan!" she replied. "Found out what we should do with her?"

   He turned his wheeled chair around, propping his feet on his desk. 

   "So kid," he said, "You wanna get reincarnated?"

   Oliver than jumped up, quickly whispering something into his ear. He went wide-eyed and nodded.

   "So you wanna get reincarnated?"

   She nodded slightly.

   "Okay kid. See ya," he snapped. 

   Everything around her began to spin. The very last thing she heard was, "See you in Hell."

Falling down this pit,

I can finally rest assure.

I won't go through hell anymore.

Now I finally get a happy ending,

And I feel secure.

(Full song unavailable)

   A bright flash of light hit her as she was touched by a freezing sensation. She let out a loud wail.

    "I think I'll name her Chloe," a woman said weakly.

    And so the cycle began.

    The end.. for now.