Chapter 9: Jadice

Chloe sighed.

   "Wow... never thought you would do it."

   Oliver's smile dropped the lowest it'd ever been this whole time.

   "My parents.. they're not Christian," she sighed. "I can't tell you.. but they're apart of a cult organization. I wanted to leave, so this was the only way I could."

   "Jesus ain't actually such a bad guy," Oliver admitted. "We just make jokes because of something that happened between him and our Lord."

    Chloe stared at the ground.

   "Wanna keep going, kid?" 

   She nodded.

   "Now listen up. After this circle we'll enter Violence, and things are going to get real dangerous real fast. You gotta be on your toes, because if something does get you, it'll drag you to the 9th Circle, which is one you cannot escape."

   Oliver opened up the 7th portal. It was more.. red than before. Some sort of red liquid was leaking over the sides. She allowed Chloe to hop in, instead of pushing her. Once they reached the bottom, they landed softly, on hard concrete ground. They looked around seeing broken glass, fire, and many other dangerous things.

   "Watch your step," Oliver mumbled.

   They both got up, Chloe carefully stepping over a broken bottle. They walked out the alley they landed in, revealing a burning city with crime rife in the streets.

   "This is real Hell," she said, her smile gone. She now had a neutral and emotionless face, something Chloe was very disturbed by. "The deeper you descend into this inferno, the more dangerous things become. From here, things only get worse."

   "Do you think that demon is here?" Chloe asked.

   "Without a doubt. If a demon from Heresy got you, then they're probably hiding. I have a general idea of who it could be."

   She looked around. 

   "I believe we should go find the Violence demon for some help," she said.

   She began walking, but noticed that there were no footsteps behind her. She quickly spun around, seeing that Chloe was no longer there. 

   "Oh shit," she gasped, her eyes widening.

   Something had snatched and drugged her. Chloe opened her eyes, feeling very hot. She looked over and saw she was laying right next to a wide pit of fire. She gasped, quickly crawling back.

   "So I see you're awake, Chloe Willowston," a voice said.

   The owner of the voice appeared right in front of her.

   "I am Jadice," she said. "And twas I the demon who dragged you to Hell."

   Chloe looked at her in fear. She wore a pitch black doll's dress, frills around the hem and sleeves. She donned yellow boots and gloves, and her hair was done up very fancy and had a bow. Her face looked a bit angry, the one eye she had was glaring.

   "Why?" was all Chloe could say. "Why?"

   "I am the demon of Envy," she replied. "Of course, I'd be jealous that all you had to do was slit your wrists to have fun in heaven, so I made sure that wouldn't happened."

   She set her foot in between Chloe's breasts. 

   "I would have loved to go to heaven after I died, but as we can see, it didn't turn out that way," she continued, beginning to put on pressure. 

   Chloe whimpered as it began to hurt.

   "What do you plan to do with me?" she asked.

   "Simple. Torture you until I've had my fun. Then I'll reincarnate you into another cult family, starting the cycle over."

Your time is up.

You're in a rut.

But there's one good thing.

Really, just for me.

I can finally get my justice, since your my plaything~

(Full song unavailable)

   Her eyes teared up, as Jadice's words stung her. She then closed her eyes, accepting her fate. She opened her eyes one last time, to see Oliver smiling widely, right behind Jadice.