Prologue

This isn't right, a woman with hair the colour of freshly fallen snow heads to her daughter's room, anxious for the day to end. It's her fault, I have to kill her. Pushing open the door she finds her daughter's crib empty, a crumpled note the only thing there. The woman let out a howl of fury and sorrow. "No," she whispered to herself. "I need her otherwise the world as we know it will end." She fell to her knees and grabbed the paper, nearly ripping it in her haste.

          Dear Atlas,

She recognized his handwriting immediately. How could you do this? To to your own child? Her splitting heart shattered into a million pieces as she continued to read.

         I know you must be feeling extremely tempted to come running after me as one would expect you to but I beg you to stay put. As you probably know, the stars are not aligned as we thought they'd be and her birthday will become known as the day of creation, for as you read this,a new world is being created.

A new world? It couldn't be, the only worlds in existence were of pure light and pure dark. Reflections of each other. Yet deep down in her broken heart, Atlas knew it was true.

         I suspect it has something to do with her being born when Scorpio and Libra aligned, creating a rift in the world's. And, since I know you so well, you think the only way of fixing this is killing her. I could never bare to see this happen so I have taken her to my world, safe of your wrath.

Shade, you idiot, it is the only way! Atlas was about ready to rip this paper apart but she couldn't, because she had to know everything before she left.

         She will be raised here, unaware of you, and her past, a normal Shadow girl with nothing to worry about. Wishing you mine and Zirconia's love,
                                                                                                                         Shade

"SHAAAADE!!!" Atlas screamed and shredded the note, rising to her feet and storming outside. She unfurled her angelic wings and took to the skies, not resting until she came to the border of Lumen and Obscurum, a figure clutching something close to its chest not far. Atlas banged her fists against the invisible barrier, unable to pass through. "Noooo!" Her voice broke and she collapsed in a broken, sobbing heap on the ground. In the distance, Shade looked back and saw her there, faintly glowing, a shadow creeping up behind her, but continued onward. "Zirconia..." Atlas whispered before the darkness snatched her up.