Leonard Mccoy

A mission that injures Leonard, it's Valentine's Day and you have to patch him up...

------------------------

You were one of the Head main nurses alongside Doctor McCoy. But since he's your good friend from the Academy, you and Jim Kirk called him Bones.

His nickname. His wife took everything from him, took the whole planet away from him. All he had left, was his Bones.

He's known to be a grouchy guy and you can easily see why. Having to put up with Him was difficult at first for one thing, but you're glad that he's the Captain of the Enterprise.

Then there's the problem with his wife. And the supposedly "Dammit man! I'm a Doctor, not a-" whatever it could be. And of course, the trouble of patients can also be effective. Depending on what patient it'll be, they can either be pissed easily, a pain to deal with or just too weak.

Thankfully you and Bones help each other outside by side on the Enterprise in med bay. You can both be grouchy sometimes, he automatically and you overtime. Even in the Academy, you tried your best to cheer him up but the both of you ended up being side by side in med bay to deal with each other.

You felt sympathy after knowing how his wife left him like she did but he assured that he was okay. You believed him for a little while.

Aside from dealing with him being grouchy, there were times that you seemed to notice that he was a little softer, calmer throughout the years he's known you. You didn't take notice to it at first but whenever you were injured, he was the first to drag you to a biobed and patch you up. Eventually, you were doing the same whether he was stiffy or not.

Today you were a little on edge. There were two problems that you were worrying about.

Today was Valentines Day and it was also the day you realized how much Bones really meant to you. It was a little nerving since the second problem, was that he went on a mission with Spock and Kirk and you haven't heard a word yet a whole lot of violence.

You were nervous that he was going to get hurt. You never had this much worry for him before which is why the pressure increased even more.

"Captain on the Bridge!" You heard the little Russian boy, Checkov call from a distance.

"Y/n..."

You turned your head only for your heart to sink. "Bones, oh my god!"

He had scratches on his face, bleeding from cuts and wounds. His uniform shredded and he looked exhausted.

"Hold on buddy! I got you." You quickly helped him onto the biobed, he was too tired to argue with you.

"Bones, how did you get so hurt?" You questioned him as you were getting stuff to help him with his wounds.

"We were ambushed." He huffs.

"Bloody fighters ambushed us from the corner of our eyes like they weren't even there!" He growls again, wincing every so often to the wounds.

"Geez, lean back." You soothed. He was hesitant at first but eventually went past and avoided grumbling to lay down on the bed.

He looked up at you with those sparkling eyes while you brought out a light.

"Y/n, you know I can help myself dammit." He sighs.

"These wounds are bad and as much as I know you can, it doesn't change the fact that I'm gonna help you."

You give him a sedative without him realizing, as he needs to rest. He chuckles slightly at you.

"You're cute when your bossy?"