Chapter 2

I didn't have time to process what happened or question it. Mary is still alive but she needs medical attention. I called 911 and told them to bring an ambulance and police officers. Five minutes later they came and picked her up and then the cops took me in for questioning. I told them what happened when I arrived at the house but I still had to spend the night in jail so they could get CSI scan everything and analyze the evidence.
The next day, they said I was free to go. They said they analyzed the bat and my dad's fist and had a positive ID that the blood was my mom and Mary's. They now know that I killed him in self defense as well. I was about to leave the station when I saw Charlotte. "I came as soon as I heard about what happened, everyone at school was talking about it and they're worried about you and Mary." "Are you ok? Is Mary ok?" I said that everything was fine and that I needed to see Mary cause she's still in the hospital and haven't heard anything about her condition. We went to the hospital and the doctor said that she might make it, but she suffered severe brain trauma and is in a coma, so all we have to do is wait.
Charlotte wanted me to come home with her, but I just stayed at the hospital next to Mary. While I stayed there, I finally processed what happened. My dad out of nowhere decided to kill my mom and beat my sister. Did my dad do it cause my mom did something? Did my mom want to kill my dad but failed? What did Mary do? Whatever happened, Mary is the only living relative I have left and she means everything to me.
After a week staying in hospital, Charlotte finally convinced me come stay home with her. I haven't slept or eaten ever since I got to the hospital. Having a meal and getting some sleep felt good though, and I finally got to meet Charlotte's parents. Their name's were Ray and Ashley. They said that me and Mary could stay with them until we're able to get back on our feet.
After 12 days, Mary woke up. When I got to her room the cops were already there. Then she told me everything about what happened. Mom confessed to dad saying that she hated where she was living, she hated Texas and hated the house, she was unhappy. They got into a fight and mom just screamed, "I was pregnant! But I didn't want another child, I got an abortion... THIS IS HOW MISERABLE MY LIFE IS!!!!" Dad was heartbroken and furious about this, so he pulled out his gun and my mom begged for mercy. Mary finally intervened and tried to stop dad and get him to calm down. But dad smacked her away but Mary was able to get the gun away from him, but lost her grip and the gun was out of reach from both of them. Dad then grabbed a bat and said "IF YOU'RE GONNA TAKE AWAY MY CHILDS LIFE, THEN I'M GONNA TAKE YOURS AWAY!" Mary again tried to stop it, but dad then started to beat her bad. Then he brutally beat my mom, leading her to her death. He was about to go on to Mary, but then I came in and saved her life.