Chapter 6: Operation Devil's Hand

"So, how does it feel to not only be one of the two only female Navy SEALs, but also to be a leader of your own team?" I said. "It's an honor but now it's my duty to bring all of them home, to make sure they see their love ones. I'm not sure if I can do that. I just want to do it right today" Mary said. Anderson, one of the Delta team leaders, walked by and heard her. He said "Hey kid, this is something I was told when I said the exact same thing you said. The first bullet that wizzes through you, politics and all that shit goes right out of the window. Just watch your corner. Get all your men back alive. I know you'll do all that you can. It may be harder then usual since you are a girl. But I got faith in ya kid."
       I went back into my barracks and made one last phone call to Charlotte. Before I hung up she said, "Come back safe and unharmed. Our child needs you." "Wait what?" I said. "I'm pregnant. I love you." "I love you too" and I hung up. I started thinking if I should keep doing this after this op. But then Mary came in. "Where have you been?" "I've been uh getting water." "You know you may be a leader of a SEAL team but you still suck at lying." " I wasn't doing anything alright?" "Stop lying." "No just drop it" "Tell me or you ain't getting my dessert in my MRE." "ALRIGHT FINE! I was with Austin." "No more is needed to say." I decided not to tell her about Charlotte being pregnant yet.
We went to the armory to get gear. I brought a crossbow (don't know why we have that here), M4A1 with a holo sight, suppressor, foregrip with a keymod rail, P226, knife, and NODS. Also brought a picture of me and Charlotte. Mary brought an MK 12 with an ACOG, suppressor, bipod, foregrip, M9, knife, and NODS as well. Last second I brought a picture of me, Charlotte, and Mary before I got on the chopper. Me and Mary was in Recon 1 while Gideon and Gordan was in Recon 2.
       When they said they would take care of No Man's Land, they weren't kidding. They launched hell onto it to make a path for us. We finally got to Sacramento, and we already got into fire. We eventually reached to the Capital Building. There was a shit ton of Archangels on the roof. So me, Mary, Gideon, and Gordan took care of them. "By the way, limo is not a word! Take it off your scrabble." The pilot of Recon 2 said. "Limo is a word! You better not touch my scrabble. Hold on let me ask the Archers!" Pilot of Recon 1 said. "You're gonna ask a guy that brought a crossbow to a gunfight?" Mary said. "Hey! I'm getting results. At least I haven't missed two of my shots yet even though you have a gun chambered in 5.56." "What happens when you run out of arrows?" What happens when you run out of ammo when you're constantly missing? And I still have my M4."
Seals and Delta entered the building through the Blackhawks. Rangers came in from the vehicle convoy and created a security perimeter . We were circling to help the Rangers with security, and there was a whole fucking army coming after us. "Man these angels are easy to pick off. I thought they were supposed to be a big superpower." I said. "Mary, this is Buck. We're gonna need some cover when we exit the building and load them up into the convoy." "Got it tell us where you're gonna be exiting." "North exit of the building. ETA 8 minutes." "MAN DOWN! WE HAVE A MAN DOWN!" One of the Rangers from Chalk 4 screamed. "We need a medic!!!" "Can you take us where the wounded is? We can try and cover support." Mary asked. I radioed Miller, captain of Chalk 4, "Miller, this is John from Seal team 8, are you able to bring your men to the convoy?" "Yes, but that part of security would be breached." "I'll take care of it. You get your men home safe." "Buck, this is John. We have a man down. My chopper is going to hold security where Chalk 4 was and Chalk 4 is gonna come to you. Hold your fire to the east."
     "Everyone in the fields, we have a Blackhawk down. I repeat, we have a Blackhawk down." Garrison said.