Chapter 4

Three years later I graduated high school. Mary and I enlisted for the Navy to become Navy SEALS over MARSOC. Before I was shipped off, I proposed to Charlotte. And she said yes. We had a beautiful wedding and I asked my best friend Quintin to be my best man and he gave a speech on my stupidity of thinking that I can outrun a Lamborghini and ended up falling down a mountain trying to take a shortcut. Then about a month later, Mary and I went to the Naval academy and graduated then went to Coronado, California. Mary was one of the two girls that was going through BUDS training. Mary was in class 223 while I was in class 224. That girl was also in my BUDS class and her name was Zoe. My class had 160 people and Mary had 204. BUDS was hell. After Hell Week, there was only 24 people left in my class. And then after BUDS was over, only 10 made it. Their names were Buck, Brooks, Hunter, Gideon, Mark, Nate, Jack, Max, Zoe, and Me. Mary's class had only 16 people who made it. Their names were Matt, Austin, Desmond, Scott, Adam, Keegan, Mitchell, Alex, Logan, Daryl, Oliver. Aiden, Sawyer, Ryder, Kyle, and Mary.
Mary accepted her offer to be a sniper while I declined. Gideon went on to be a sniper as well. A couple years later we were officially SEALs. We went home and Charlottes family was there to see us. Me and Charlotte got a house together and Mary moved in as well. I still kept in touch with people that graduated with me in BUDS. A lot of them had families as well and Buck invited me to a party with all of the people that made it in my class and Mary's. Conveniently we all lived in Texas. (I lived in Houston). We had a shooting competition and it was down to me and Mary. Don't know how I beat Gideon. It got so intense we had to use a .22 at 250 meters away. When that didn't work, we had to use a bow and arrow 500 yards away and then I finally won when I hit bullseye 5 times when she hit 4.
Once I went home, Charlotte was asleep so I turned on the news. It talked about how the South American countries had become one superpower. Then everything in my house had turned off, I went outside and all the streetlights were out too. I went to one of my neighbors and their power was out too. I called Buck but their was no signal somehow. I tried calling others but nothing. I decided to wake up Charlotte and Mary and told them what happened and asked if they wanted to go to the Naval base. I tried to start my car but I couldn't and I tried Charlotte's and Mary's but they wouldn't start either. The Naval base wasn't far, so I decided to run and Mary went with me but Charlotte stayed home, so I gave her a gun just in case.
When we were running into the base, the streets were utter chaos. There had to be some kind of blackout. People were trying to rob places and some got injured and one person got stuck in their car and we had to get him out. One guy tried mugging us, but it didn't end very well for him. When we finally got into the base, we met our commanding officer and he told us what happened. South America had launched EMP missiles at The United States of America and before they were taken out by our counter missiles they had exploded, causing a blackout across America.