Chapter 5

I asked General Foctor "Sir what's going on?" "EMP missiles were launched from South America and when our counter missiles were sent to destroy them, they exploded. Luckily we got backup generators working right now that way this base isn't completely blind, and we have communications with other bases in every coast and the White House. Look where's Mary we need ever-" Someone said "Sir someone from California is calling for you."
The General picks up "Identify yourself." "This is Sergent Ellis! We're being attacked! They're everywhere!!!" "Who is it? What's going on?" "They parachuted in and invaded through the beach!" "We need help!!!" The same person said "Sir the President is on the phone." President said that he is going to send the majority of Army in Texas and the Army national guard to guard the Texas border and start building a blockade and defensive wall."
Over the past week, chaos erupted. The country was put into martial law. California, Oregon, and Washington fell. Millions died, many were evacuated into the inner states. There was a huge blockade on the East Coast, luckily it was never attacked so that's the only safe side. South America invaded Central America, many of the countries joined them. Whoever didn't was invaded by force and was either killed or joined them. They finally made it to the border for Mexico. But we were ready for them, we held them back and had the high ground too. We pushed them back so far there is 800 yards of basically No Mans Land. We bombed them but they still tried to come back.
       All of the Navy SEALs made it to the base. I also got Charlotte to live at the base for now. Tomorrow I'm being deployed into a base in Nevada. My SEAL team and Mary's SEAL team is being deployed there as well. We still don't know much about South America. All we know is that the corrupt government of Argentina, Brazil, and Bolivia came together and soon took over all of South America slowly. Their military and militia are known as Archangels. At first, South America wasn't really known as a threat and more as a place gone to shit. The people who resisted were known as Outlaws but weren't very well trained and were undermanned and underfunded. The food that were sent to the Outlaws were hijacked and sent to the Archangels.

The next day

"About 50,000 people lived here, now it's only 2,000." Mary said. We got stationed in Carson City, Nevada. "I wonder if people still gamble in Las Vegas." I said. "I wonder if there's people there at all and even people did, what do you have to gamble?" "Bullets, bullets are kinda useful now." "Shut up smart ass" Mary laughed. "At least I got an ass unlike you." That comment got Mary to slap my head. The people in this base were mostly 26 SEALs which consisted of Mary's team and mine, 12 Delta Forces, 120 3rd Battalion 75th Rangers, and 160th SOAR Night-stalkers.  There were a few techies and Pararescues. "SEAL teams 8 and 10, Delta Force, and Rangers! Debrief at 1630!" That was Major General Jacobs, the person who everyone in that base takes orders from, even if you're not in the same branch as him.

1630

"Alright, this is Operation Devil's Hand. The objective here is to capture a high ranking commander named Alejandro Muro who is leading most of the Archangels in North California. Him and his own security is located in the capital building in Sacramento. Delta and SEAL will breach in through the roof by Blackhawk helicopters and take out any security on the roof and capture Muro. Use any necessary force to capture him alive. Take out any security and Archangels but remember the Rules of Engagement. Rangers will come in by armored vehicles and set up a perimeter around the building and use vehicles for cover. Each Chalk will contain 4 Rangers. Two Delta teams will have 4 men each. Seal Team 8: Buck, Hunter, Zoe, and Brooks you guys are gonna be there. Seal Team 10: Logan, Scott, Mitchell, and Austin you guys are also breaching in. Delta and Seals will bring the hostages to the vehicles. Rangers will hop in and provide support for the vehicles. Archers (me and Mary), you guys will be in Little Bird choppers providing sniper support. Gideon and Gordon (Delta Force sniper) will be in the other Little Bird providing sniper support. We will have 32 men in the fields. Any questions?" "Wait, we're going through No Man's Land?" Logan said. "Don't worry the base will be providing as much support as possible. Everyone gear up!" Buck, Mary, Gordon (Delta force leader of Team 1), Anderson (Delta leader of Team 2), Knight (Sergeant of Ranger Chalk 1), Gunner (Staff Sergeant of Chalk 2), and Mac (Captain of Chalk 3), Miller (Captain of Chalk 4) stay here.