...a bit early | chapter 1

I stood in front of the tall door of my parents home. I've never really seen this place like home and don't see my family as a family either. Since age 5 I have been sent way every year to boarding school. I came from a wealthy family but unfortunately, their greed for money became more important to them than taking care of me. 

I heaved open the large wooden door in front of me and stepped outside dragging my large suitcase behind me. As I closed the door behind me I mumbled a small goodbye to my self before continuing down the front steps and towards my friend's car.

I was lucky to have a friend so close by, otherwise, I'd have to take the bus for miles. It was common for kids in this area to be sent to boarding schools, but if anything it helped us all to adjust, what with familiar faces around.

I carefully threw my suitcase in the boot and hoped into the back seat. "Good morning! Thanks for the ride Mr Park" I thanked him while I strapped in my seatbelt. "Y/n you know there's no need to thank us, we've been doing this for 4 years" Jiwon laughed from the front seat. 

"Hey!," I kicked her seat "that doesn't mean I can't be grateful" Mr Park simply chucked at us from the driver's seat as he pulled out the large driveway and onto the quiet roads.

It was now around 7:30 am, we have been driving for around an hour and a half. From our windows, we see the large garden of the school approach. As we get closer and closer we see the front of the large old building. It looks exactly the same as it did last year. 

The grey stone walls and large windows almost sparkled in the early morning sun, the large lawns and flower beds lay perfect in-front of the beautiful old building. 

I thanked Mr Park for a final time before hopping out the car and round to the boot. I collected Jiwon and I's stuff while she said a final goodbye to her father. We waved as he drove back down the large entrance and sped off.

"What time is it now then?" Jiwon turned to me, "7:30... a bit early," we looked at each other and chuckled slightly. The school tell students not to come until 8 am but this always seems to happen. We either arrive 30 minutes late or 30 minutes early. Last year we were late and let me tell you, they were not exactly pleased with us.

"Oh fuck it, let's just go in" I declared, Jiwon looked at me hesitantly and with a wary look on her face. I smile at her and grab her hand and pull her towards the door.