room no. 80 | chapter 5

Y/n pov

"Can all students please gather in the assembly hall, thank you."

By this time, all the new students had been brought inside, and the only evidence of the crowds that were gathered outside just a moment ago was the collection of large buses that sat along the driveway.

I was still sitting at the window the moment Mrs Songs booming voice came through the speakers. I got up slowly, feeling no sense of urgency whatsoever and followed behind Jiwon, laughing at her as she screeched about the new boys joining us this year.

As we made our way back down the many flights of stairs we could hear the voices of the crowds of students gathered in the entrance hall, all making their way into the assembly hall. We joined the back of the bustling queue to get inside the hall.

By the time we had made our way in there were not many seats left and just as we spotted two together they were taken. We were forced to sit apart, Jiwon on her own and me across the aisle and one row in front. I played on my phone until the principle started speaking.

I didn't pay much attention to the teachers speaking, not until Mrs Song said something that worried me slightly,

"All male students are prohibited from entering the female dormitories on floors 1-3, and vice-versa, female students are prohibited from entering the male dormitories on floors 4-6."

Uh-oh. I looked behind me to see Jiwon staring back at me with the same look of surprise on her face as I had. I immediately pulled out my phone to text her.

 I immediately pulled out my phone to text her

Hyunjin pov

Hyunjin pov

We were seated in the assembly hall when I saw the girl from the window earlier. I watched her as she scrolled through her phone, her hair falling gently over her face. She would occasionally turn around and smile at the girl in front of me, who I now presume is her best friend. I would smile subconsciously at her before realising and snapping out of it."

"Hey-" Chan, my best friend hit my shoulder, "Stop staring at her, its creepy"

I snickered in response, "You're not any better, don't like u haven't been staring at the girl in front of us this whole time" I nodded my head in the direction of the girl in front of me and turned back to look at him.

His face had turned a light tinge of pink and he stuttered "W-what no I h-aven't"

I laughed quietly at his reaching as I turned back to the teachers at the front. "Dismissed!" The female Principle Mrs Song shouted.

Mr Jung continued, "All male students must come to me to collect their dormitory numbers."

With that all the students streamed out the door and up the stairs, disappearing into their dorms. Chan and I approached Mr Jung.

"Oh hello boys, welcome back!" He smiled, "I trust both of you can behave so I've got you both in a dorm together" We smiled as he handed us a piece of paper that read: 

Room No. 80

     Floor 4

We thanked him and left, heading to our dorm.