announcement | chapter 3

I chose the bed right next to Jiwon. It was also right next to the window so the desk next to me was brightly illuminated by the sun. We pack our things away and hide our snacks from Mrs Kim. For the remainder of our time waiting for students to start arriving, we caught up on all our social media accounts.

 For the remainder of our time waiting for students to start arriving, we caught up on all our social media accounts

~time-skip: 8 am ~It was now nearing 8 am and we could hear the rumbling of cars from outside

~time-skip: 8 am ~
It was now nearing 8 am and we could hear the rumbling of cars from outside. Students were pouring into the building and their footsteps shook through the building.

~time-skip: 8:30am~
After just relaxing for half an hour we decided to change into our uniforms to be ready for the school day. I was about to head into the bathroom to do my hair when a voice boomed through the speakers, recognisable as our principle, Mrs Sung:

"Can all students please head down to the assembly hall, thank you"

Jiwon looks at me, "ugh what's this about?" "Who knows... we should head down there so we get a seat," I say, flipping my head upside down and sticking my hair into a messy bun. Jiwon nods and we head out, ignoring the fact that we are the only 2 people heading downstairs from the 4th floor. We travelled back down the many flights of stairs and the now busy grand staircase and into the assembly hall. we take a seat at the back and wait for everyone else to take their seats.

Mrs Sung walks moments later and everyone goes silent. "Welcome back girls," she smiled at us. She continued "as you are all aware, there's been a slight change in your dorm rooms. There is an important reason for this."

As she said that a tall man walked in. Dressed in a shirt and tie and carrying a black briefcase in his right hand. "This is Mr Jung, he will be working alongside me as Principal when-" she was cut off by a whispering that had started throughout the hall, she coughed "when our school merges with his." She finished.

A couple of over exaggerated gasps could be heard throughout the class. Jiwon and I just looked at each other with suspicion and then back up at the two teachers. "Mrs?" I pipe up from the back of the hall, "Yes Miss L/n?" "What is the school joining us?" She took a deep breath and sighed heavily,

"It's an all-boys school,"

And that was it. It was as if an alarm had been set off in the girls' heads causing them to freak out. I turn to Jiwon, "They're only guys I don't get it?" We shrugged our shoulders and focused back to the front, I mouthed a small 'sorry' to Mrs Song who simply smiled before turning to scream at the girls.

"GIRLS!" They silenced. "Right, Mr Jung's students will be arriving at 9.30, and when they are here we would like to establish a few rules. If you have any proper questions be sure to ask me." She said, emphasising the last part to a particularly chatty group in one of the middle rows.

"Dismissed, stay in your rooms." And with that she was gone, Mr Jung following behind her.