3

PRESENT

Taerin's P.O.V

Taerin woke up full of sweats. She did not remember she passed out.

"Sis, you okay?" Taehyung looked so worried.

"What happened to me? Jimin was here, isn't he?"

"What? I did not see him."

"HE WAS HERE TAE! There at the freaking balcony!"

"Sis, what were you doing before you passed out? What is this?"

He pointed at the grimoires on the table.

"I-I was trying to contact JK."

"What? Sis! Rin, you know that's dangerous. Maybe it drained you that's why you passed out and imagine things."

I looked out the balcony. I don't think I was imagining he was there. It felt too real.

The next morning, I walked out to the streets. I looked around, Busan has changed a lot. I'm more than a thousand years old of course I said this.

I remember how exactly it looked when we first migrated here, after the downfall of Goryeo Dynasty.

Ugh I sound very old now.

Just when I thought about this, someone ran beside me. It was Jungkook.

I still need to adjust to this situation

I still need to adjust to this situation. He is not JK. Keep that in mind.

"Why are you here?"

"The school let us out in the weekend. Glad to see you."

"What do you want?" I sighed.

"Tell me about you. How you become.." He looked around to make sure no one heard him but he chose the safe way, " how you become what you are now."

" I was born a siphon. But I was forced to become a vampire. Hence, I lived this long. On the other hand, the benefit is I gotta channel magic from my own vampirism. I do not need to siphon from any supernatural energy anymore."

"Wow..so are you really the only one left? Of your kind?"

"Of course not, they are group of them who called themselves The Heretics. I want nothing to do with them."

"Why?"

"One there are from a coven called Kuro Coven or K Coven. There are from Japan. So I'm not at all part of them. Second, I work better with my brother beside me. Even if he is just a vampire. We depend on each other and because we are both endangered, we protect each other and that's why we lived until now."

"How about the Royalties?"

I quickly turned to him. How does he know about them?

"Oh um in case you were wondering, we studied that in school."