3

Luca, I'm sorry for not being able to protect you. And I'm sorry you were taken away from us so quickly. Father forgive him for that he's caused to himself and others. Luca, I hope you're in heaven, despite what my heart tells me. I hope you're happy. I love you tremendously. And I will always. Amen.

"You aren't praying for the fucker, are you?"

His voice echoes throughout the empty church from out of nowhere, which makes me confused as to how he knows my every location. He must have the entire city aware of my status here. But I'm glad my chaperone let him in, after we scurried away everyone else.

I told them I want Thomas Shelby to feel welcomed by me. Not shut out. I'm happy they listened.

I get off of my knees after ending my words to God. On my feet, I look at the large spiritual array of candles and blow out my own before he walks right beside me.

His eyes lift up to the man I know as Jesus Christ. He doesn't salut or acknowledge that we're in the house of God, which interests me.

"We all know he's rotting in hell." His raspy voice doesn't equate to the harshness of his words.

Snapping my eyes his way, I note the look on his face. Merciless and unforgiving. Thomas Shelby seems to be smirking at God. I smooth out my hair, clearly my throat.

"If he's rotting in hell, I wonder where you'll be Mr. Shelby."

"The place bellow it, I'm sure. Right beside you."

Tilting my head, I almost giggle. He's fast.

"C'mon, I've got something I want to tell you." He says before stepping back and walking away.

I follow him through the empty church. Noting the curve of his back, and the muscles that contract under him. He's got a gun in a hostler that he loops around his arm.

He opens the door, revealing a rainy day. Leo, Alphonse Capone's worshippers qickly comes to my side and puts his umbrella above me. Thomas lifts up the collar of expensive suit and heads towards his car. Allowing the water to fall above his head.

"He came here alone?" I ask Leo in Italian.

"Yes." He responds back. "Are you going in his car?"

"It seems like it." I clear my throat once we stand in front of Thomas, who opens the door wide for me. Water seeps down his face, and I watch him.

"Do you have a gun with you, Valentina?"

I nod. "Don't follow us, please. Capone's orders."

"Ok."

With that, I look at the hand Thomas has put out and take it before getting into his car. I am seated right beside him, and within the second we're off into the grey and gloomy morning.

He is a man of true wealth, I note the suit he wears. A fabric that comes from the shops in Paris. And the smell that comes off of him is cologne barely anyone can afford. But he lives here, in this city of low class. I wonder why he doesn't just move to London, where there are people like him. Wealthy fucks who don't give a shit about anyone else.

I stare at the diamonds that sit on my fingers, watching as they shimmer back at me. I hate Birmingham, but I know I'm here because of Luca and Al. The rings I wear were all gifts from my beloved Luca. My throat closes up at the memory of his face and the gun shot that was right between his eyebrows. I tell myself to forget about him.

In Italy we have family to console us. But I have no one now. The tears I cry mean nothing, so I've told myself to cut it out. No more crying.

"Capone got the first shipment." I tell him, pulling out my cigarettes. I light it up, offering him one. He nods, so I take mine from between my lips and place it in his.