twenty.

"i love you."

mark practically choked on his breath when those three simple words leave donghyuck's mouth.

'he loves me?'

all the elder could do was point at himself and sputter out, "m-me? you l-love m-me?"

the tanned boy rolled his puffy eyes and let out a quiet laugh. "i was looking at you when i said that right?"

mark blinked, and when the realization hit up, his face lit up like a christmas tree.

he jumped up from his seat. "you, lee donghyuck"–the black haired boy pointed at donghyuck–"loves me, mark lee"–he points at himself.

donghyuck nodded, a smile growing on his face.

"oh mY GOD, YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE WHAT THIS MEANS!" mark yelled, catching the attention of some of the customers inside of the store, including their friends who were sitting a few tables down and had been listening the entire time.

"what does this mean?"

"THIS MEANS YOU LIKE ME, AND I LIKE YOU. WHIch kinda sucks cause we both lost that bet, bUT LIKE IT DOESN'T MATTER."

mark beamed in happiness, and donghyuck couldn't help but let out a laugh. a genuine laugh, something that he hasn't been able to do since doyoung.

it felt nice, and he really hoped that mark was the only one that could make him laugh like that.

"OH MY GOD GUYS, LEE DONGHYUCK LIKES ME BACK," mark yelled to the other boys, who 'whoop'ed and congratulated him back.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, ASK HIM OUT MARK," jaemin yelled.

mark whipped around to donghyuck with an unreadable look on his face.

the older boy got out of his seat, knelt in front of donghyuck, grabbed the boy's hands, and held them inside of his own.

"lee donghyuck," he started, "i've known you for about three years now, but i only started talking to you a few months ago. i regret not talking to you sooner, because if i did, we wouldn't be where we are today; we would be at your house or something, watching reruns of all of your favorite disney shows, cuddling on your couch, and doing all of your favorite things. but instead of worrying about what didn't happen, i want us to focus on what can happen. and we can happen. you might not trust me, but believe me when i say this: i love you to the moon, to pluto, around the sun, and back here, and i really want you to be my boyfriend, so yeah. uh, be my boyfriend and make me even happier?"

donghyuck was speechless. he didn't even think that mark had enough brain cells to think of all of that. but that didn't matter to him. all that did matter was that they were there together: mark, his friends, the present. he couldn't ask for more, and he couldn't believe all of this started with a 'wrong number' conversation on snapchat.

"yes, mark, i'll be your boyfriend."