nine and a half.

dedicated to mah bish -flowersofepiphany for helping me write half of this because i can't write angst for shi.

'it was going to be fun,' he said.

a lie.

'your friends are going to be there and you'll make other friends too.'

another lie.

'everything's going to be alright.'

lies after lies.

"i swear to god, if you open your mouth one more time, i'm going to throw you out of the car."

doyoung chuckled at his boyfriend, but still kept his eyes on the road. "you love me too much to."

donghyuck sat in silence as he focused on doyoung's hands in his own.

never had he thought that he was going to date one of the 'popular' guys, nevertheless go to a party. and yet, here he was, sitting in doyoung's car while the elder boy drove the both of them to donghyuck's first high school party.

it was the last night before the school year ended, so all of the jocks thought it was a good idea to throw a party. doyoung, being a tennis player and captain of the baseball team, was invited and was told to bring a plus one, a code amongst them for 'bring your significant other'.

"aaaaaand we're here!" cheered the elder as he pulled up to the driveway littered to drunken teens, red solo cups, and a variety of articles of clothing.

"i can hear the music and i haven't even opened the door," donghyuck grumbled. "is it too late to back out now?"

doyoung nodded cheekily and planted a kiss on donghyuck's forehead. the two exited the sleek, black car and entered the house.

the door was left unlocked so they walked in. the moment they opened the door, someone draped themselves onto the couple.

"gUuUuuUuUySSsssSsS, NiCe T-tO sEe YoU cOuLd— mAkE iT," slurred the boy through hiccups.

donghyuck looked at the drunken boy in disgusted and doyoung pulled him away. "yeah, we're gonna go get a drink okay? spot you later."

"i bet you his drink got spiked," donghyuck grumbled after they walked away. "stupid teens."

doyoung shook his head in amusement and pointed to the corner of the room where a few people were standing. "i managed to get jaemin and renjun to come. i don't think they're enjoying this anymore than you are."

doyoung ruffled his boyfriend's hair before walking away.

"so you're telling me that you were told that there were a bunch of cute guys coming? and that's why you went?"

jaemin nodded. "pretty much, yeah."

donghyuck turned to renjun. "you too?"

"no, he dragged me here because he didn't want to look single."