Prologue; The Prophecy

"Your highness, there are two female rogues at the edge of the territory, demanding audience with you."

These were times when Fiadh wished he was just a mere alpha. He could have ordered the heads of those rogues on a platter and he would have gotten it. But no, he had to be responsible for the entire werewolf populace. He had to hear them out.

"What makes you think I will see them?", he replied gruffly, raising his spectacle adorned dark eyes from the papers of treaties signed between packs that were lying on his desk, waiting for his approval .

"They both match the description of the prophecy",  Adalric, his blonde, blue eyed beta, butted in, just now entering the room.

The Prophecy. The one made by the same knowledgeable seerwolf that insisted he be named Fiadh. (Of course, few people knew his name, even in Lunater, the capital city of the werewolf empire, and the home of the Royal pack.) 

"She will have hair and eyes as dark as midnight. Her curls will be as thick as the most dense forests. In her irises she will hold a storm- capable of destroying them all. She will have a long nose and high cheekbones to signify her royal bearing. She will have skin as pale as the moon light. She will have more control over her wolf than any creation of Luna. She will be his mate. She will be his greatest ally. She will have the strongest heirs, heirs that can be borne by only her and her reflection. She will make him indestructible. She will be the Queen of the night. And they will share a love more sacred and deep than any two creatures that walked this Earth."

"What boundary did they approach Lunater from?"

"The Fiord. They employed a ferry, apparently."

   He sighed. Twenty five years of his life had passed by without her. Without a mate. And he had been doing fine. Of course, he had his fair share of enemies. He was the Alpha King, after all . But they were handleable. He didn't need her to be indestructible. And love, that was absolutely not necessary. So why now? And on top of that, there were two of them? Which one would be his mate? What if none of them was? In the end, he did need a Queen, someone to mother his heirs. 

With questions riddling his mind, he, almost agonisingly  slowly, unfolded his large frame from his office chair and ruffling his black hair with pale, muscled, veined hands, he stepped out of his office to meet his possible match.