Chapter 1; Respect or protectiveness?

When Fiadh reached the fiord, he saw two women standing near his guard. One was facing toward them and the other had her back to them and seemed to be laughing. The one facing toward them was the shorter of the two, although both of them were quite short, and on seeing them, her eyes widened with fear. Immediately, Fiadh was overtaken by a wave of protectiveness. He wanted to hide that little beauty from all the horrors of the world. And the feeling puzzled him, for he had not been overwhelmed by such protective instinct since... he would rather not remember, for memory brought forward painful images of that incident. Instead, he looked at the other woman. 

    Feeling the immense aura behind her Corvina turned. And again, Fiadh was hit with a wave of emotion. This time, it was respect. This emotion too, had not been felt by his cold heart since after that incident. While the tiny scarf adorned cutie cowered at their presence, the beauty with the cape held her head high and smirked. "Your highness.." , she drawled, almost mockingly. Others were overtaken by fear for the king, but Corvina, even to her own surprise, felt no fear, only the respect that she had held for her parents. Adara on the other hand, though certainly a little afraid, felt safe around the King.

 Then Fiadh spoke. "What business do you have with us in Lunater, rogues?"

"We want admittance into the Royal Guard." the taller, elder looking, cape draped damsel replied. 

"What made you turn rogue, may I ask?", an apprehensive Adalric said.

"Our.. our parents.. they died.." whimpered the baby faced tiny angel, the younger rogue, with unshed tears filling her eyes.

The older one shot her a glare that was tired and admonishing at the same time. "It's a long story," she said, covering up for her sibling.

"Maybe you two should rest for a while. You have had a long journey.", said Fiadh, concerned about the younger lass.

"My sister does need rest. I, on the other hand, would be thankful if we could continue business without much further adieu."

"As you wish," assented Fiadh.

****************

They were in the Throne hall, at the centre of Lunater. The younger sister had been settled in one of the guest rooms in one of the palace wings. King Fiadh was seated on the throne, his beta sitting on a throne a step below his. Beside Fiadh was an empty throne, meant for his mate and Queen.

"What was the reason for your turning rogue?", requestioned Fiadh.

"As I said, it is a long story", the older sister, who was standing before them , said.

"We really do not have any other business at the moment. So please.. continue with this story."

 Corvina sighed, ready to begin the painful narration.

Fiadh on the other hand, gazed at the empty throne beside him. He was sure one of the two girls was his mate. But the question was, which would it be, respect or protectiveness?

****************

                                                           Corvina- the elder sister^

                                                                   Adara- the younger sister^