Wedding

It's a beautifully sunny day. The grass is lusciously green, the sky is extraordinarily blue and your best friend is getting married. Could this day get any better?

He'd asked you to be his "best man" as you guys have known each other since you were 10. You were honoured and excited, your bestie getting married and he'd asked you to help with preparations, including cake tasting and gift shopping? Yes, please!

You'd spent a long time preparing, helping book venues, tasting a lot of cake of course, trying different wines, dress shopping for the bridesmaids and suits for the groom and best men. That was your least favourite part of the whole planning scenario.

You like clothing as much as the next girl but trying on literally 100s of dresses? Even the biggest fashionista would go insane.

It was a very, very, very long haul of trying on lots of different dress styles and colours. You'd gone from feeling like a Bond girl in one slinky number to representing like child's extravagant birthday cake in a frilly one with ruffles and bows.

You'd try to drag Shawn on your trips, and he'd joined you when he was free. Unfortunately, he loved the dress shopping best because revelled in picking out the most ridiculous dresses and make you try them on. His top favourite was a neon blue strapless dress that had a slit up the thigh and came with a matching choker, he'd laughed so hard that he'd fallen off the chair in the dressing room. You'd been pretty sure that only strippers wore something like that.

Now it's the big day and you watch as people mingle in the large garden of the country house you've rented as the venue. All the flowers are in full bloom, making the garden look idyllic and you smile, sipping your champagne, proud of your hard work in helping plan this gorgeous day.

The ceremony had been beautiful, seeing your best friend so head over heels in love made you crave a wedding. You and Shawn had never discussed marriage, not because you didn't want it, because you most definitely did. But mainly because you're worried that Shawn won't stay with you for that long. You've always been confused that he picked you out of every girl in the world and you're scared that one day, it'll all disappear. Marriage would make that all more difficult. So you never approached the subject in fear of scaring him off.

A hand slides around your waist and you lean into the firm body behind you.

"Speeches are happening soon." Shawn says softly, you nod. He kisses your temple and takes your hand, leading you through the garden and to a marquee.

Fairy lights are strung up around the tent, with vases of wild flowers on the tables. The decor is flawless and you admire your choice in florists as Shawn leads you to your table. You sit next to the groom and he grins at you, holding hands with his love.

Shawn's hand slips into yours and you wink at him. He's dressed in a light grey suit with a white shirt, the little flower in his lapel matches the ones in your bouquet.

People begin to file in and find their seats, chatting amongst each other. There's a buzz in the air; happiness.

You turn to Shawn and smile as he nods encouraging. Your best friend nods too and clinks a spoon against a glass, requesting attention.

A hush falls over the crowd and they all turn to face your table. You've written and rehearsed the speech over a hundred times, but you're still nervous, especially now in front of so many people. You stand up and smile, trying to hide the nerves.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen and thank you for coming today." Your speech zooms by with laughs all in the right places. You feel accomplished, glad that your best friend is having the best day possible.

You'd asked Shawn a while ago if he'd be happy singing a couple of songs for the newly weds as they love the song Fallin' All In You. He'd been ecstatic to sing for their first dance, saying how much of an honour it is. Now they're setting up the mics on the stage and everyone's migrated towards the dance floor after the food and cake.

Shawn walks up the couple of steps onto the small stage, adjusting the mic and picking up his guitar from the stand. He smiles at you before talking into the microphone.

"Hello everyone, my name's Shawn. Thank you to Y/BFF/ N for inviting me today, the ceremony was beautiful and I couldn't be happier for you. It's all thanks to this stunning girl" Shawn points to you and the crowd makes an "awhhh" sound.  "That I'm here today. Y/N, this one's for you."

He begins to strum the guitar and you recognise the tune of Fallin' All In You. It is such a beautiful song which makes your heart swell. The crowd parts as the newly wed couple dance in the middle, rocking slowly to the rhythm, wrapped up in each other's arms.

Shawn's eyes search for you in the crowd as he sings and you smile, catching his eye and blowing a kiss. He strums the last chords and the crowd claps.

He starts up another song, this time it's Lights On and more people begin to join in, it's amazing to see so many people, of all different ages swaying to the same song, a song which your boyfriend wrote.

"So, if I could have your attention for a minute, I have a couple of words to say." Shawn says into the microphone and you watch as the crowd of dancers face the stage again.

"I met Y/N, 3 years ago. She was in a coffee shop, picking up her drink when she swung round and crashed into me. Cheesy, I know, but that's really how we met. She'd been this mess, apologising a lot and grabbing tons of tissue to try and fix the coffee stains on my shirt. But you know what, I didn't even care. She was the most beautiful person in the room, her hair was longer and darker, she'd been wearing a Fleetwood Mac tee and I knew I had to get to know her. So, as you can imagine, our relationship went on from there. I totally realise I'm blabbing so, the point is, that I'm insanely in love with you Y/N, even more than I thought could be possible. So, would you do me the biggest honour of my life and marry me?"

You're not sure if this is reality, did Shawn just propose to you? You almost ask the lady next to you to pinch you, to make sure that you're not dreaming.

You realise that the whole crowd is waiting with baited breath as you make your decision, Shawn looks nervous.

You slowly nod, not trusting your voice in this moment. Everything is so unexpected, one minute you're thinking that Shawn might not even stay with you and suddenly he's asking you to marry him?!

The crowd erupts into applause and Shawn jumps off the stage, he strides towards you and twirls you in the air. You laugh and cup his face, kissing him straight on the lips. He pulls away and you grin, whispering in his ear:

"Yes."