Chapter VI - Why did It have to be Me

"Summer calm down, you barely told us anything about your trip and now you're already leaving for work!" Sophie said, stepping in front of the door, opening her arms on an attempt of stopping Sum to go to work "at least gimme some details! Was there any guy?" she held her hands in front of her chest, begging Summer to open up.

"With that she means if you got laid, because you sure do look way more relaxed" Jane said, taking a big bite of an apple, laying back at Summers bed "I know you've been hiding in meetings so you wouldn't have to tell us about the boy".

"That's called taking time to yourself, darling, and there's no boy" Summer lied, starring at Sophie's pathetic attempt to stop her "also why the fuck are yall still in my apartment? Don't you have a house?".

"We do but yours is better, we lived here for the entire duration of your trip" Jane opened a sarcastic smile "we found your dildo too, big thing ruh" she said, making Sophie laugh loud.

"You guys fucking suck" Summer laughed too, tickling Sophie under the arm, making her run away, she hated tickles "I HOPE YOU WON'T BE HERE WHEN I COME BACK" Summer yelled, closing the door behind her before anyone would oppose.  

Summer walked fast, you could hear the sound of her high heel boots clicking on the wooden floor of her building hall. She got quickly into an uber and read through her emails on the way to her last meeting of the week. Summer was very professional, she was never late, was always prepared and one step ahead of everyone, that's how she got to where she were, also, because of her amazing portfolio and creativity. She felt complete doing her work, she just loved running around on set, doing one billion things, helping with the decoupage, pretty much doing everything the director was or too lazy to do or simply didn't feel like doing, she did enjoy been an assistant director, but her true dream was to one day, direct a film, but she still had to work hard to get there, just the fact that she was a woman on this sexist industry, she had to work harder than any man, prove herself way more often and always be prepared.

She never forgot the day her director on Mamma Mia allowed her to direct one scene of the movie, it was the best day of her life, she wish she could do it forever, that this moment she waited her entire life would have lasted more, just frozen in that scene.

Summer got back to reality when she finally arrived at the place. She paid the uber and quickly got off the car. She tied her hair on a pony tail as she always did when she got nervous and walked into the building. Finally arriving at the meeting room, Summer took a deep breath and opened the door. She soon found the director, standing right next to him during the entire staff meeting, writing notes he'd give her and also writing down stuff she knew he would forget. They've met before, working on another project, but at the time, Summer was the assistant of the assistant. 4 hours later the meeting was over and Summer felt exhausted, the fact that she couldn't distract herself for 4 hours straight was to kill anyone's will to do anything for the rest of the day. 

Bryan, the director, told her what he wanted done for the day, that was pretty much emailing everyone the order of the filming days and the script with the decoupage, but he wanted her to talk face to face to the members of the cast, giving them some guidance on his vision of the film and what he wants done from them. Summer never questioned him or complained, she just gave a yes nod with her head and went to the cast room. She walked fast, knowing she had a lot of things to do beside that. She straightened  her Queen t-shirt inside her black pants, putting on her leather jacket.

"Hey Isa, where's the room with the cast?" Summer asked, looking away from her phone.

"It's right there" she pointed at the next door to the right and Summer looked down to her phone again.

She opened the door feeling the cold air coming out, the air of a very cold AC, she held her jacket tighter, still holding the door handle, looking up to see where the cast was, hearing them talk loud.

Summer looked up and the first person he saw as a not so tall, but very strong, blonde boy, that she knew well enough and he looked as surprised as her.

"Oh my god" she whispered to herself, feeling everything turning into slow motion.

He said her name low, staring at her, astonished. The other guys from the cast immediatly looked at him and then at her, trying to understand what the fuck was happening. And before he could say anything else, Summer turned away fast, closing the door behind her and walking as fast as she could, as far away from that damn room.