Chapter XI - Running Away

"So this means..." Ben started talking, but Summer cut him out fast.

"We are not talking" she was still on the rush of having won something.

"but".

"no".

"Sum".

"Shhh" she put her finger on his lips, opening a sarcastic smile and then looking up to the path.

"Can you at least tell me..."

"Sh sh sh"

"what's the best path?" he tried to continue even though she kept interrupting him, but Summer said nothing, only pointed at the GPS on his phone.

The two of them spent most of the way to Summer's house in complete silence, not even some music in the background, until Ben decided to ignore Summer's dear wish and talk nonstop about him. His family, his dog, his hobbies, his favorite foods, his childhood, there weren't enough "sh" that could make him shut up. Summer just stared at nothingness, trying to ignore, even though all the information was already getting inside of her brain and with that she thought of how she wish she had taken an uber. On the other hand, Ben was feeling all proud, he thought he was winning whatever this little fights was, he wasn't gonna take no silent treatment and was going to make sure Summer got the massage. Surprisingly, Ben didn't run out of stories or personality traits.

"IT'S HERE oh my dear jesus thank you lord" Summer said picking her purse up, as Ben stopped the car close to the building his crush lived. Ben laughed hard at Summer's reaction, he was getting somewhere, just didn't really know where, but enough to make her stay for breakfast, battle with him over drums and ask for a ride, that was a great progress comparing to her running away from him not so long ago.

"See you tomorrow at work,  Summy" Ben yelled, like a father does to embarrass his kids in front of their friends.

Summer just rolled her eyes, rushing up the stairs to get to the front door as fast as she could.

In the elevator her mind couldn't and wouldn't stop. Why the hell did she accept breakfast? Why was she so excited on playing the drums and showing off to him? Why was she so glad that it was him and nobody else that took care of her? Why was she starting to feel all gushy inside? And if it wasn't enough, a bunch of other questions stumbled upon her, but now made by a pair of diabolic girls, also known and Jane and Sophie.

"WHO WAS THAT HOT GUY AND WHY WERE YOU ON HIS CAR" Sophie started, as soon as Summer stepped in her own apartment "AND DOES HE HAS FRIENDS".

"This is the last thing I need right now" she let her purse go right into the floor "and why, why are you two here?" she threw her body on her cozy bed, just wishing to fall asleep.

"I already said that to you, I'm attached to this apartment, feels like home, is so much better than my shit ass place" Jane said, drinking a fresh made coffee "Also you gave the keys to us like, two years ago".

"why did I do that" she was regretting old Summer's decisions so bad.

"In case of emergency!" Sophie smiled, sitting next to her friend "this is an emergency, the best kind...boy emergency!" she poked Summer's face "come on, open up this mouth, do I need to pull a dick out for  you to open your mouth?" Sophie's comment made Jane tear up on a big loud laugh.

"You need to pray for your soul, so does you Jane" Summer said, but was also laughing "isn't an emergency supposed  to be like, a fire or me gone missing?" she pointed out.

"Also that, but knowing if Summer finally gave into love...that's is a BOMB".

"Now let's get to important business" Jane was sitting in front of Sophie, with Summer's tired body between them "how big is it and does he know where the clit is".

"JANE" Summer immediately set down "you have no shame in asking that? Oh my god".

"No I don't, I never did, I've asked this sort of question since we were in High School together, don't you fucking remember? I feel personally offended now" Jane laid down.

"he's nobody, ok?" she answered quick "no one, I can't stand looking at him".

"Why? Because he's drop dead gorgeous?" Sophie was the one arguing now.

"I rather die than see him again".

"I bet you rather die chocked on that thing" Jane added.

"JANE"

"What about me?"

"GET OUT" Summer couldn't take  the questioning, she was exhausted "GO TO YOUR HOUSES AND LIVE THERE FOR FUCKS SAKE" She expelled than off her house, pulling them through the door the two of them together "BUT" they tried to argue, but were left with the door locking up in front of them.

After all that mess, Summer took a nice, long, hot shower and put on her pajamas. She laid down on her bed, hugging her stuffed animal, it was Stitch, from her favorite Disney Movie, her brother, Dylan, gave it to her, he was 5 years older than her and was living in Australia, with his wife and two kids. They were the opposite when it came so life decisions, career and love, mostly. Dylan moved to Australia to be with his love Katherine (aka Kat), that had a higher paying job there and he had to start from zero in a different city, but he was happy about it and had no regrets. Summer was there when her nieces were born, first Ana, that is now 10 years old and 5 years later came Janis, the baby of the family. The last time they saw each other was 1 year ago, when they came to spend the holidays with Summer's family, at Orlando, Florida, at her parents house. 

Summer thought that Dylan and Ben would make great friends, they had many things in common. She slept thinking of that, her family and Ben.