Chapter XVII - Eager

Summer looked gorgeous as always, well, that's what Ben thought. She had a shy smile, with her sparkly eyes hidden behind her big wavy hair, falling just a bit on her face. She was hugging herself, trying to keep her body warm, the breeze was super cold and he got her waiting on the door for around 3 minutes, while checking himself on the mirror, trying to look as good as possible. He opened a big smile when saw that she really came, at that point Ben was pretty sure she was just messing around with him, but there she was, with  a white fluffy shirt and a long blue skirt.

 He opened a big smile when saw that she really came, at that point Ben was pretty sure she was just messing around with him, but there she was, with  a white fluffy shirt and a long blue skirt

"I can't believe you actually came" Ben said, opening the door "come in, it's freezing outside".

"Well you do have a dog, don't you?" she joked, taking her shoes off and putting them right beside the door "or you've mislead me just to see me again, ruh?".

"C'mon, boy!" Ben whistled and the dog came running fast, he jumped on his leg, with the silliest face ever, wagging his tale.

"Holy shit he is so cute" Summer set on the floor, with a big smile on her face "come here you cutie!" the dog quickly came and laid on the floor, with his belly up, waiting to get some love.

Ben watched as Summer laughed, playing with his dog, running around the house, throwing the ball and trying to catch him. He set on the couch, just admiring how beautiful she looked while being silly and a dog lover.

"Are you hungry?" he asked, resting his arm on the top of the couch.

"what?" she answered, breathless, after running around so much "yeah I'm starving" Summer laughed, realizing that she must look like a complete mess.

"What do you wanna eat? Pizza? Burguer? Something healthy?" Ben said, opening the food app.

"What does a guy like you eat? To, you know, keep all this muscles and bad boy appearance?" she joked, sitting on the couch. 

"haha, funny" he gave her a sarcastic smile "I try to eat pizza as much as possible" they both laughed.

"Okay, pizza then" Summer took her hair out of her sweaty face, still trying to catch her breath after playing with the dog, that decided to sit beside her.

"I wasn't going to ask but I'm very intrigued" Ben spilled it out, as soon as he finished ordering the food "why are you being nice to me and even coming to my house? Not that I ain't enjoying it, I'm just confused" he looked at her, waiting for a reaction.

"I don't know" Summer was acting very impulsively, she had no idea why she was acting like that, the only thing she knew was that she was trying to avoid any racional thinking. She was so happy after Lucy said her ideas were good and for some reason Ben was the first thing to cross her mind, Summer felt like talking to him, seeing him, celebrating with the boy she fell in love a while ago, but of course there was no way she was going to confess all this to Ben "you ruin things when you question everything". 

Ben noticed it was a stupid idea to question her, things were going too well and he should just go with the flow, that was going to be his approach from now on. 

"So, how's work?" Ben tried to change the subject and it seemed to work, because Summer was not on defensive anymore, well not so much.

"Intense, things were easier when I was on vacation" she looked up to him, shy and a bit embarrassed "right now I just wanted to be by the beach, getting some sun light and drinking coconut water" Summer laughed shy.

"I can try to solve that" Ben stood up, he lowered the light, turned on the tv and put a video of a beach, he then walked to the kitchen and got some rum on a special cup with one slice of orange. When he looked back at the couch, Summer was smiling all silly, she put her hair behind her ear and hugged her legs. He set down next to her, closer than before and handed her the drink "it's not coconut, but...cheers".

"cheers" she said and took a long zip "I hate when you are so nice to me" they couldn't stop looking at each other, the tension was increasing and so was the will to kiss her. All those memories of the good times they had back at the trip were coming back, the feeling of love was back and teasing them each second they spent staring at each other.

"I can't help it" he said and she turned around, standing face to face. Summer put the cup on the table and when she looked back at Ben, he was still observing her.

"Yesterday Lucy found a couple of notes that I wrote about the movie" Summer said, thinking that for some reason that would stop the love vibe they were in "she said they were pretty good and I'm thinking about showing them to the director...I'm afraid but she said I should do it so..." Summer looked at the floor, trying to distract herself from his eyes.

"You're amazing, Summer, you definitely should show him your ideas, don't hide your glow" the way he had such faith on her, without even seeing the notes, gave Summer such confidence and even more affection for Ben, which was not helping at all with her will to kiss him.

"Do you wanna see them?"

"Of course I do".

Ben and Summer set on the ground, she talked about all her ideas and the only thing Ben could think is that Summer was very passionate about her work. They discussed her thoughts and he encouraged her even more, to pursue her dreams and to show her ideas to the world. And in the middle of some zips of rum and long talks, they ended up falling into each other gaze, one more time. 

Summer's heart was pounding on her chest, she was breathing a bit faster, starring into his beautiful eyes. She was eager to make a move, but also very afraid of the consequences of her actions. Summer knew that if she kissed him right there, there would be no come back, there was no way she would be able to control herself anymore, but her lips were desperate to meet his and there was nothing more that she wanted but to be on his arms.

And so she did, she pulled his face closer with one hand and quickly kissed him. The alcohol definitely helped, giving her the final push to throw herself at his arms and accept that she wanted him as much as he wanted her. It felt like going back home, his lips were so familiar, the taste, how soft it was and with the sound of the beach on the background, it was just like been back to their vacation. He wrapped his fingers on her hair, pulling her closer as she set on his lap, putting her legs around his waist. She moaned when felt the strong touch of his hand on her waist. Ben kissed her neck and Summer put her head back, feeling his wet tongue on her warm skin, making a trace up to her mouth. The kiss was getting more and more intense, Ben put his hand on her ass and stopped the kiss for a second.

"Are we..." he said, breathless, resting his forehead on her forehead.

"Yes" she answered, eager to get back to kissing.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, now kiss me before you give me a heart attack" and so he did.