Chapter 1:Katniss POV

I wake up to my best friend,Clove,shaking me awake."Get up Catnip!First day of our new school!"she half yelled."Yay."I say flatly."Get up!"she yells.My mother just moved us to Chicago.And we had to transfer to a new school called Hunger Games High.

I slowly get out of bed and dress into a deep red tank top,jean shorts,moccasins,and a black blazer.My first day of school outfit.I eat a raspberry muffin that my mom makes me,even though I don't have much appetite.Clove eats a whole stack of pancakes in a black tee with a skull and camo shorts with converse.Prim,my sister,sits quietly at the table.

After we finish eating,I get in my silver Toyota SUV,with Clove in shotgun.We drive about 5 min to get to HGH.We both load out of the car,and push through the large wooden doors to our new high school.A tall,muscular brunette (boy...obviously),hands out schedules,locker #,ect.

He hands me mine."Name's Gale."he says as he winks.I don't know why,but I don't even blush."Katniss."I say shyly."Well then Catnip,welcome to Hunger Games High!"he says loudly as I walk away.Clove isn't by my side anymore,but I don't really care to find her.I look at my paper.My schedule reads:

Home room-Ms.Trinket

Health-Mr.Albenarthy

Chemistry-Miss.Heavensbee

Lunch

Gym-Mrs.Undersee

Art-Mr.Snow

Music-Mrs.Crane

Gym:Miss.Enobaria and Mr.Brutus

My locker number is 274,and closest bathroom to home room is down hall to right,second door.Why in the world do they include bathroom info?!Whatever.I pace down the hall trying to find my locker.A strong pain hits my chest and I fall to the floor."Oh my God so sorry!"a strong voice says.A hand comes down to help me up.

I stand up and look into soft blue eyes.Another muscular guy (except blond) stands about three feet away.Have to admit,he is hot.Except that might be an understatement,he is smokin chili pepper hot!I swear,I wanted to grab his face and make out right here in the hallway.He chuckles and smiles."Im Peeta."he says."Katniss."I say,still smiling.

"Um can you help me find my locker?"I ask him.I hand Peeta my paper."Just down here."he says.After he leads me to my locker,I say bye to him."We have all the same classes!"he exclaims."Cool!"I say."Um,Katniss,maybe we could hang out after school?"Peeta asks."Sure."I say trying to hide my excitment.