Step Brothers Pt. 1

Jimin hated this.

Sure, he was happy his dad found someone he could love again, but seriously? Did her son have to be so...so...obnoxious?

He just threw his bag down in the guest room and sat there. His mom packed in all of his stuff and he didn't even acknowledge her when she spoke to him.

He didn't seem to like the move either, but Jimin was sure it'd benefit him to try to get over it.

Their parents got married, so they had to deal with it.

And Jimin would do anything for his dad. He was a good man; fair, loving, and wise. He deserved to find love for himself.

But Jimin couldn't get over how cold this kid was. He would barely look up from his phone for even a second. He just sat on the bed and typed away on it.

Jimin sighed and watched as his dad helped Misa pack in a table. They laughed once they sat it down, then moved together and shared a kiss.

Jimin smiled and turned back to Misa's son. His name was Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook. Apparently, after talking to his father, he refused to change his last name to Park.

But, Misa didn't fight him on it. Jimin understood why.

He was only sixteen. He was still growing up and was probably upset his mom moved him from his school to Jimin's. He won't be able to see his friends as often and it's twice as far from all the places he used to visit.

Jimin's moved before, a long time ago. He hated it too. But, now that he's grown used to the neighborhood, he doesn't mind so much.

"Are you just gonna stare at me all day?"

"Sorry," Jimin supplied, giving a smile as he stepped into the room. "Do you think you can make this room to your liking?"

Jungkook shrugged.

"Hm. Well, do you...have any pictures or posters anywhere that you wanna hang up?" Jimin moved to a box and started pulling the tape off.

"Don't touch my stuff!" The younger barked.

Jimin hopped back from the box and nodded. He glanced to the doorway. "Um, sorry."

"Just go away." The younger mumbled, looking back at his phone.

Jimin sighed and hugged himself as he left, glancing back at his new step-brother.

This was gonna be hard.

(+)(+)(+)

"He still hasn't unpacked a thing," Misa sighed.

Jimin paused. He was bringing his dishes back to the kitchen. Apparently his dad and Misa were still talking things over.

"He'll get used to it. Jimin was the same way when we moved here. It just takes time for them to adjust."

Misa let out a small whine. "No, he thinks his dad is gonna let him move in with him. Hwangyul won't ever do that. He's used to living the lifestyle of a bachelor now."

"Well, he'll just have to get used to the fact that things change. It's harsh, but we're married now. He just has to accept that."

Jimin jumped as he felt someone bump his shoulder.

He looked up to see Jungkook pass by with his own dishes in hand.

He went into the kitchen and suddenly a loud crash echoed through the apartment.

Jimin's eyes widened as Misa shouted at her son. Jungkook came storming back and down the hall. He slammed the door shut to his room.

"I'm so sorry, Jae," Misa whispered.