Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The next morning, after everyone had their breakfast, they all headed to Applejack's barn and decided to rehearse the counterspell in the garage. Unfortunately, things weren't going exactly according to plan. Twilight's singing was weak, but she kept on trying her best. Outside, Granny Smith held a pair of apple cores, and used them to plug her ears while she worked around the barn.

Sonic wasn't paying much attention the girls practicing while the rest of the Mobians were watching; he was a little too distracted by himself thinking about the Zeti. After the girls had finished playing, Sonic then snapped out of his thoughts and turned his attention to the others.

Spike was the first one to speak for feedback. "That sounded better than the last fives times you played it," he said with a nervous laugh while trying his best to be nice.

Big Mac passed by outside the window and responded, "Nope."

Sonic wasn't really sure how to put it, and neither were the rest of the Mobians. "I think it's pretty obvious what's going on with the counterspell," Rainbow put her hands on her hips.

Applejack asked angrily in response, "You're turning what should be the chorus into a five minute solo so you can show off? Or to impress your boyfriend?"

Rainbow responded with her cheeks blushing bright red from Applejack's question, "What?! No! I just have to pick the slack somehow! Are you girls even trying?"

Sonic and Knuckles called out on that, "Applejack! Rainbow Dash! Chill out, you two."

Fluttershy cut in whispering, "I'm trying."

Twilight laughed hysterically, "It's fine. One more time at the top."

Sonia butted it, "Actually, Twilight, if the Sonic Underground is going to take part in the Battle of the Bands, we need to have a chance to rehearse as well. You and the Rainbooms should have a little break."

Twilight sighed, "I guess you're right, Sonia."

"I think that's a better idea, darling," Rarity agreed, "In fact, while Sonic and his brother and sister work on their music, why don't we try on some of the wardrobe choices I've put together?"

Rarity pulled a rack full of wardrobe choices out of nowhere. She reached in for one of them and immediately put it on as she said, "I'm practically fond of this one."

Rarity then pushed the rack away, and she was revealing now wearing a bright lilac purple band uniform with gold details. How she got it on within seconds, I don't know. But the design on it had caught Silver's eyes. He really seemed to like the design, "Hmm, not bad."

Rarity smiled, "Oh, thank you, darling. Of course, we could always go with something a bit more modern."

The only thing Applejack did was make a face at Rarity as she pointed out, "We're tryin' to save our school here. Enough with the costumes."

Silver looked at Applejack for a second, before he turned his attention back towards Rarity who was now randomly in some kind of bright sparkling gold suit with a futuristic helmet on her head, and he got startled and fell over, "Whoa!"

Rarity replied to Applejack with her voice sounding like a robot, "Oh, you can never have enough costumes."

"She just wants to make things fun. Isn't that what being in a band is supposed to be?" Pinkie asked as she made the 'punchline' sound effect with her drums.

Sonic, Manic, and Sonia stood up from their chairs as they were prepared to create their instruments from their medallions. "Ready, guys?"

Sonia and Manic nodded. As the three Mobians gripped their medallions, they all started to glow brightly. But the subject quickly changed when Sunset spoke out, "Uh, guys I hate to interrupt, but we don't have a lot of time! You're supposed to check at the Battle of the Bands in fifteen minutes!"