Miraculous Ladybug: 26

"Plagg, claws out!"

Cat Noir jumped out from his window. He looked around, still feeling sick in his stomach. "I have to find Marinette... Or Ladybug..."

Ah, that's right. Alya is in the hospital, so she might be there.

With that thought, he headed to the hospital. He landed on the windowsill of Alya's room, and peered inside.

"Let Alya go!" Marinette yelled. "Don't hurt her. She didn't do anything!"

Cat Noir kicked the window glass, breaking it. He hopped inside and landed on the man.

"Ugh! What?!" The man looked up surprised at the sudden attack. Cat Noir grabbed ahold of him, and pulled his mask off.

"Chris?!"

"You know him?" Cat Noir looked up at Marinette after taking the knife away. "What's he doing here?"

"It's a long story," Marinette replied. "Anyway, thanks." I knew there was something wrong with Chris the minute he told me about Chloe. Ugh, I just never knew he would be capable of taking it this far. What had Paris turned into?!

Alya grabbed her phone, quickly dialing 9-1-1. "Help is on the way. Cat Noir, please hold onto him for a while. Thanks."

"No problem," Cat Noir replied. A few minutes later the police came in.

"Ah, this is Matthew, the guy we've been chasing after. How did you find him?" Roger Cop asked, taking ahold of Chris.

"I thought his name was Chris?" Marinette asked, folding her arms.

"No, it's Matthew. I don't know where you got Chris from," Roger Cop turned to Matthew. "You're coming with me."

After they had left, Cat Noir turned to Marinette. "I have to talk to you privately. It's important!"

"Don't leave me alone again," Alya begged. "You saw what happened. I don't want it to happen again."

"It's okay Alya," Marinette told her friend. "We'll be just outside of the room. We won't go farther."

Alya nodded, and watched as the two left the room.

"What is it?" Marinette turned to Cat Noir. He sighed, looking troubled and angry.

"My father... He's Hawk Moth..."

"What?" Marinette eye him. "Are you serious?" Cat Noir nodded.

"I just found out. When you told me that he might have a secret place he went to when Hawk Moth came, I wanted to find that secret place, but I ended up finding out that he was Hawk Moth. I'm really sorry..."

"What are you sorry for?"

"He's being the one hurting us all along, trying to get our miraculous," Cat Noir explained. "He's the one who hurt you and took away your strength that time... I just don't know the reason why he's doing this."

"We're going to find out, don't worry," Marinette assured him, but Cat Noir still looked unsure. Sure, they were going to find out why, but how were they going to defeat him anyway?

"Let's go tell Master Fu what you've found out," Marinette suggested. "Maybe he has figured out how to defeat Hawk Moth."

"But why?!" Cat Noir didn't move. "Why would he do this?! Not only has he been busy staring at the picture of Mom, but he's also been akumatizing innocent people."

"Cat Noir, calm down. Let's go tell Master Fu first, okay?"

He nodded, following Marinette back inside the room. Alya was still there, safe. She looked up at them, smiling as they had kept their promise of not leaving.

"I think I'm ready to get out this hospital," she said happily. "I'm feeling better already anyways."

"We'll ask the doctor," Marinette suggested, watching as Cat Noir left through the window he had broken. He really must be hurt.

"Okay," Alya hopped out of bed and followed Marinette out of the room.

Don't worry Cat Noir. There's no way we can fail now that we've found out who Hawk Moth is.