Chapter 4

The silver-gray Bentley Continental cruised down the freeway, traveling south. Juliet was sitting in the back passenger seat with so much soft leather around her. Never in her life did she think she'd be able to drive in such an expensive car. Gazing out her window, only half-aware of a world outside she remained silent in the claustrophobic comfort of the car.

Eight months had passed since her, or her new body had been asleep. Both Accidents took place in February. She couldn't be sure of the "when" it happened. Maybe it was simultaneously, like in the body swap movies. Or was her spirit floating around and a body appeared. The doctor said this body had shown no signs of brain damage except for some light hemorrhaging. For some reason her body showed no signs of waking up. Leo had gone into a coma for eight months. what of Juliets body? She choose to dismiss the thought. 

Before they left the hospital The doctor askedJuliet... well the doctor asked Leo, the owner of this body, if she could remember anything prior to her accident. Juliet told him no. Juliet told the doctor she did not know who she was, did not know her name and that could not remember her mother the lady who was now driving her to her next location. She was diagnosed with Retrograde amnesia.

At the time Leo's mother was very upset and started crying and Juliet watched as Leo's father consoled her in his arms. The doctor then told Leo's mother that in her stage there was a low chance she would regain her memories as time passes. He encouraged the parents to not be too hasty to have patience. The doctor then had scheduled follow up appointments to check on  Leo's progress.

To say things were awkward would an understatement. Juliet had never had parents that worried or cried for her. Once alone Leo's mother spoke.

"Honey... Leo, do you remember us, anything?" Juliet looked away and apologized sincerely. Not only did she not know these people their daughter was gone it was just Juliet. She had stolen their daughter's body. Juliet Looked away not wanting to look into her eyes when Leo's mother suddenly gave her a big warm hug. The hug was stronger than anything she'd ever known. At that moment, with that warm that embrace, she was cocooned better than any butterfly-to-be.

"It's fine if you don't remember anything. Just the fact that you woke up if more than we could ever ask for let's take this slowly ok" she said

Juliet held her hands up around Leo's mother not knowing how to respond. She looked over Leo's mother's shoulders to see her father wiping a stray tear and looking down at his shoes. She couldn't bring herself to return the hug she received. She felt she would be betraying the other girl since this warmth was not meant for her. Juliet let her arms drop to her side as Leo's mother held her securely.

'The only thing I can do now is act like their daughter properly' she told herself.