Chapter 6

Note: My 6th update in one day lol I just can't stop! Lets continue.

Flashback:

My dad was a drinker, It was how I got my bruises. There were nights I would lay in bed listening to the sound of fighting. My mother would shout, father would begin laying into her and the screaming would start. She cried, he seethed, and I pushed my face into the old worn out pillow my 7-year-old body was wrapped around. Those nights I would think to myself how when mother left I would leave with her. Then one day she did leave... and I remained right where I was with just a toy to comfort me. After mother left I stayed out of fathers way for most of the day. Playing in the neighborhood and trying my best to have a normal childhood.

That was how we meet early one summer morning. I was walking around the neighborhood looking for a shady place to rest when I heard crying. The sound came from a dark alley and I wondered if it was safe for a long while before I went towards the voice. Around an ally, over a wall, he was locked away in a cold cellar. A boy around my age was collapsed on the floor not moving. His body almost as bruised and battered as mine. He was trembling and crying curled into himself.

"Hey, are you feeling sick look at me" I shook him gently until when his body finally moved to show me his face me saw his face. He was crying and afraid. I did not have a phone to call anyone and the boy was too heavy for me to move on my own. All I could do was wrap my arms around him. We sat like that for hours until he finally calmed down.

"it's okay... its okay," I said holding him. After what seemed like hours he finally looked up at me. His eyes were the ocean. The blue-yellow hue carried his emotional currents, and before I could breathe I was drowning.

"You don't have to worry about that bitch nothing good comes from associating yourself with her," said a voice Snapping me back to the present.

Lilly.

"She's just a worthless slut who sleeps with guys left right and center." she finished.

'whatever as long as I've decided to hide my past self no good will come being with Carter'Juliet thought.

"I'm leaving" Was the only thing he said before leaving the room.

Juliet couldn't help but be disappointed he didn't recognize her. But after that incident in the past, their relationship became less than nothing.