Chapter 5

"Were home now" Leo's mom Nora said.

'I hit the jackpot' was the first thing Juliet could think of.

The Bentley came to a roundabout with a fountain at the center, swept around it, and continued up toward a fantastic sprawling house. Once inside Leo's mother led the way into the living room.

"Lilly come down here your sister is home" Lora's mother called. 'Sister? She has a sister' Juliet thought. Just then Juliet was in another person's arms. "Welcome back big sister!"

This hug was different from the one Leo's mom had given her earlier. This hug was more of a perfunctory gesture mandated by social etiquette and colder than day-old oatmeal. It was short where it should've been long, rigid instead of soft and ended as abruptly as it had begun. Lilly pushed her sister back as if to take a good look at her.

Twins Leo had a twin... damn.

"Lilly! I told you on the phone she's going to be a bit confused right now so don't make her uncomfortable" Said her mother.

''Yea I heard. Do you not remember me sis?" she questioned.

"umm... I'm sorry no" Juliet said feeling guilty.

"Even though we were together even before we were even born? I still can't believe it" She said a little shocked. "Still don't worry I'll help you get your memories back ask if you're not sure about something ask ok!"

"Sure thank you" Juliet replied.

" We need to go to Leo's school to finish some paperwork," said Leo's mom a bit worried to leave her.

"Don't worry mom ill take her to her room to relax" said Lilly pushing Juliet in the opposite direction. "ok call us if anything" called Their mother leaving the house with their father.

Once their parents left the house the atmosphere suddenly changed as Lilly lead her to the room. "Heres your rooms get in" Said Lilly Her gestures as empty as her words. Juliet stood in front of the open door.

"What are you doing aren't you going in," Lilly said once again smiling.

'Maybe I'm just overreacting' Juliet thought entering the room.

"Fucking loser," Lilly says suddenly. " You should have just died while you were at it, why did you have to wake up again?"

Juliet words left her she was too shocked to respond.

"Did you miss living in hell or do you just enjoy being shitted on like that? couldn't you have thought about me, who has to go to school with a loser like you?" She continued.

'Did they have a bad relationship? But still they're siblings how could they have such a shitty relationship?' Juliet wondered looking at Lilly

"Say something you freak," announced Lilly annoyed. "Ah sorry, might because I've lost my memories but I don't understand why your speaking to me this way," replied Juliet smiling politely.

"Judging by your reaction I guess you did forget everything, I thought you were just acting," Lilly stated nodding her head. "But how long do you think you can go acting all cocky I can still remember you crying for my help, kneeling at my feet so clearly"

Juliet's fists clenched into a tight fist. For the first time, she could feel her wolf again wanting to take over and demand respect. Just as her anger was about to boil over the two heard footsteps in the house.

" Why did you leave my room," said Lilly rushing over to the source of the sound.

'Wait no fucking way..'

'Carter'

Carter, her childhood friend stood there in Lilly's doorway.

The last time she'd seen him they were seven years old. He was older now but there was no way she wouldn't recognize him. He had tousled dark blond hair, which was thick and lustrous. His eyes were the same mesmerizing deep ocean blue, with flecks of gold. His face, baby face gone was now was strong and defined, his features molded from granite. Juliet gaped openly as she observed his sharp jaw, chin, and cheekbones.

The sight of him made her heartache and her wolf howl.