Velvet

Her

Her

"If you have to beg someone to be in your life, they don't belong there."

- Mandy Hale

"Let me go!" I yelled, my voice echoing into the air.

My arms fought the two stubborn maids, each of them holding me down as they tried to wrench me into a dark room.

I knew they were just following orders, but still, I opposed it. It was against my will!

My objective was to get Dana and I out of this hellfire, not becoming a fucking maid to some lord! If he so badly wanted me to repay him for saving me, I would have gladly return the favor in some other way, definitely not like this.

"Miss, please stay still and follow us," the one on the left spoke. Despite having to struggle with me, she still said it in a very gentle manner.

"No, no! You guys have enough maids here, you don't need another one, please!" I pushed her hand off me, and failed miserably.

"Miss, we are begging you," she stopped for a second before continuing, "The Lord will kill us," her voice trembled, she tried to control her fear from unveiling on her face to a degree, but I knew she was terrified.

I stopped struggling for a moment, the maids followed suit, but only a crowbar could pry their hands off of me. My lungs took the oxygen it craved so much. As I was at it, my mind drifted.

He wouldn't. Right?

Their people are very limited. He wouldn't kill another one of their own.

I shook that thought away. They are just manipulative like that.

They both looked little, shorter than me, fragile and clearly not older than I am. Their strength showed otherwise though, they were quite strong for their age.

My eyes scanned them both when they untangled their arms from mine. The one on the left had her hands up to her eyes when her tears started streaming down her delicate face.

"I- I don't want to die, miss," she pleaded. "A- and I can't let my sister d-die, she is all I have left," she cried, going down on her knees, "And i- if I die, no one would t- take care of h- her."

The other maid half ran to her, held her by the shoulders and stroke her back. "Big sis," her big luminous eyes began to pool, but she was trying her hardest to keep herself together, "Whatever happens, I will make sure he will not hurt you," she nodded her head in attempt to calm her sister, "I will take your place."

"No, I will," her sister embraced her, held her like her life depended on it. She rocked them both as their soft sobs filled the silent hall.

I mean, I could have took the opportunity to run, but...