Garnet

Her

I woke up with only one thought in mind.

I am a maid to my enemy's pack, to my soulmate.

Last night, was a mixture of eternal punishment and rapture.

My soulmate, the man who wore black. The pledge that I made the very day he saved me, I will never forget it.

The only way to show him how thankful I was, was to love him back, accept his flaws and imperfections, and mend the hole in his heart. The hole caused by the torments I'd felt when I was close to him.

Two strangers. Hearts beating as one.

Down to the deepest part, down to the little things that even I didn't know of, he knew all of mine, and I knew all of his when our skin connected.

It wasn't meant to rob our privacy away. It was a part of the process the bond would do that will bring the soulmates closer and inseparable. To know what our dislikes and likes, to fulfill each other needs and make them the happiest person.

There was a chance that he might know that I was indeed a Liaran.

Staring up at the ceiling of the room Cera and Lara guided me to, I recalled the fate that I sealed, myself.

Taking on his side was considered treachery.

I had seen consequences for this, my father wouldn't take this easily, especially not the daughter he despised most.

Getting up from the bed, I slid on the pair of shoes I was given by the sisters as I walked to the mirror.

I huffed, pulling my cluttered hair into a messy bun. Things was really getting from bad to worse.

Abused? Check.

Escaped? Check.

Causing a friend to die? Check.

Almost facing death for five times? Check.

Being naked in a prison? Check.

Being a maid to my enemy's pack? Check.

The warm blood that ran in me became more parching, turning into lava.

Had the Goddess made a mistake? Maybe she mixed up someone else's sin as mine. I did nothing to deserve any of it.

I slammed my fists on the mirror, thinking the tension that lingered would unshackle from my chest.

Instead, the mirror detached itself from the wall.

"Woah," I quickly gripped the mirror just when it almost reach the ground. I sighed in reassurance.

I don't need another seven years of bad luck.

Setting my eyes into the mirror, I saw a girl who had her shoulders slouched, the darkening area under her eyes made her dull face looked much more haggard.

Sighing, I gathered myself and straightened up. It had came to this extend, I can't make myself feel worse.

It wouldn't be that hard right?

I mean... giving free services to the family that hates me and complying to their duties...

I had been a maid all my life.

It's nothing new.

Just then, a soft knock came onto the door. "Miss, are you up?" A voice spoke behind the door. It was Cera.