(one) memories

⠈⠂✧ ─── · · ─── ✧⠐⠁
3rd P.O.V.

chapter one ❝ i healed it ❞⠈⠂✧ ─── · ✦ · ─── ✧⠐⠁

chapter one
i healed it
⠈⠂✧ ─── · · ─── ✧⠐⠁

Melody always believed that something better was out there. That there was this magical force that was so beautiful she couldn't look away. She wanted to find it so one day she went to the woods following her heart.

She heard whining and her ears perked up. Something was hurt and she didn't know what. Melody ran toward the noise wanting ot help whatever was injured.

Her eyes widened and she gasped when she saw an injured wolf puppy. It was bleeding and whining. It was clearly in pain and she ran towards the small animal knelt down next to it. She was only 9 years old and Melody didn't like to see an injured animal.

Melody petted the tiny wolf's head trying to calm it down but all it did was try to get away from her. She was breathing heavily and her eyes were already dripping with tears.

"Please don't die," Melody whimpered. Tears cascaded down her cheek and raised her hand and placed it down on the injury.

She took a deep breath trying to calm down and stop the bleeding. The wolf growled in pain and out of anger. Melody cleared her head and closed her eyes trying to concentrate.

On what. She didn't even know.

She opened her eyes and removed her hand to reveal the wolf had stopped bleeding and the tiny wolf got up and gave her a puzzled look. Melody sat there in the dirt, shock written all over her face. She patted its head and it let her do it.

"Mel," Melody heard Derek yell for her in panic. Derek was supposed to be watching her but he was too focused on something else.

She heard him rustling through the forest trying to pick up her scent. Meanwhile Melody stared at her hands which were covered in blood.

"Melody what happened," Derek said as his eyes widened. He was scared his sister got hurt since there was blood all over hands and skirt.

"There was a wolf," Melody whispered. "And it was hurt," She looked up at him with a smile. She stood up and Derek let out a breath of relief. His sister was fine.

"Where'd the wolf go," Derek questioned, confusion painting his face.

"I helped it and it ran off probably to find its mom," Melody explained as her and Derek started to walk to their house.

"How'd it heal so fast," Derek faltered; he didn't know if she was even telling the truth.

"I healed it," Melody said nonchalantly and shrugged her shoulders.

"How," Derek gaped at her. She couldn't have healed something, it was impossible. Melody shrugged not knowing how.

"I just put my hands on its wound and poof it was gone," Melody described fiddling with her hands. Derek looked at her not knowing what to believe. He was a werewolf after all but being able to heal someone sounds outrageous. "You believe me right?" She hesitated looking up at him, uncertainty flooding her ears. Derek could hear her heart racing.

"Of course I know you wouldn't lie about this," Derek stopped her from walking and knelt down next to her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in the crook of his neck.

"Thanks Der," Melody whispered.

"No problem Mel," Derek smiles and stands up making Melody squeal.

He put her on his back giving her a piggyback ride back to the house.

"Should we tell mom," Melody questioned.

"Probably she does know a lot and maybe she can help you," Derek piped in.

Melody sighs and nods. It would take a lot to have her mom believe her but hopefully she was like Derek and if she wasn't she could always try to demonstrate it.

Melody, now 16, wakes up with a gasp.

"Great another memory," Melody grumbles.