Chapter 1 Dandria

"I can't believe I allowed myself to fall for this shit again! After all of these years, I should have known that you would never change... I'm keeping this baby, Cameron! So if you want to leave, I'll help you pack."

I tossed the pregnancy test into the wastebasket, and attempted to leave the bathroom before, Cam blocked the door.

"I never said I didn't want you to have the baby."

"And you never said you did."

"I wasn't expecting any news like that. If it's mine, I'll take care of it.."

Did he just say 'if' it's his?

"What?!"

"I'm only joking!" He laughed, holding his hands out to stop any attempted blows.

"Well don't." I spoke sternly, moving past him and to my bedroom.

"Can I share my news now?"

I laid across the bed, before resting my hand under my head, staring at Cameron. "What is it?"

"My dad retired today and passed the Nick's Security down to me."

"That's great, Cameron." I was truly happy for him, but it was hard to express my feelings when dealing with so much. "I'm scared, Cam."

"Scared of what?"

He took a seat next to me on the bed, and placed his hand in my back.

"What if I'm not a good mother. I could barely control Danielle, and now I'm pregnant."

"Don't look at it that way. Your sister wasn't your child. That's your mom's fault, you did everything you could."

I signed heavily while staring at him. "Cameron, if things get tough, don't run out on me... like before."

It seemed like my words were actually registering. "I'm not going anywhere."

We watched as the ultrasound technician applied the cool gel and placed the transducer probe on my belly. Glancing at the monitor, we saw our small baby and heard their heart. I could feel the tears welling in my eyes at I held Cam's hand tightly. "That's our baby." I was actually going to have a baby and become a mother.

"I see." Cam swallowed hard, staring at the monitor. "What are we naming him?"

"Him? No, baby that's a girl."

We we're both unaware of the baby's gender as we argued playfully.

"I only make boys, Dria."

My eyebrows furrowed as I sat up. "How would you know what you only make if you don't have children?"

His body tensed up, when realizing he had revealed more than planned. "It was a while back... nothing serious."

"You have a child?"

"No... she got an abortion."

"I'll leave you two alone." The nurse blushed, rising from the seat and heading towards the door. When she shut it, I glared at Cam. "You didn't tell me about that.."

"I didn't think it was anything to tell."

"Well to you it wasn't... You never cared when handing out money for abortions. It was always easy for you."

"You really trying to argue about this right now? This is our moment, Dria. Don't fuck it up over a kid that's not even here."

I gave him a look of disgust and snatched away. "How could you say something like that, Cam?" I couldn't believe he had actually fixed his mouth to say something so ignorant and selfish.

"Say what? Goddamn man!"

"You can take me home." Grabbing the tissue, I wiped my stomach and rose from the chair. On our way out, the frail woman asked if we wanted copies of the ultrasound, but I declined. Cam drove me home, dropping me off and leaving right after.

"I didn't think you'd come." My mom spoke across from me. She looked sober which was unusual, and appropriately dressed.

"Why would I miss it?" I asked, staring over the menus, trying to decide what I would order.

"Well, you always busy at your lil' job, I didn't think you had time for me."

I ignored her comment and a flipped through the laminated folder, while she continued.

"So have you talked to Danielle?"

"No, not yet."

"Why, too busy?"

"What do you want?" I crossed my arms and sat back against the chair. "What? Some more money? You need me to bail one of your little boyfriends out of jail again? What is it?"

"I don't need your money, Dria!"

"Then why did you want to meet here? We never hang out, and whenever we do, it's always reason. So, I hope it's not about money this time, because I don't have any."

"Didn't I tell you I don't want money?"

"Well what do to want?"

"Look, I'm moving soon and I just wanted to spend time with you before I left."

"Moving? You mean to another house right?"

"No, I mean out of town... with Glen."

"So let me get this straight, you have a daughter who obviously has some serious issues, and has to start a whole new life because she doesn't understand things you should have taught her, but your moving? Your moving with a man who you just met a few months ago?"

"Don't worry about how I raise my daughter! When you have a child, then you tell me how to raise my daughter!"

"I'm pregnant! And I plan on being a better mother than you've ever been! You are a selfish bitch and I hope you can sleep well at night, knowing your daughter is suffering!" I rose from the table and left her sitting there.

I sat in bed flipping through channels, when I heard Cam walking through the front door. "Daddy's home, baby! And I got something for you."

I rolled my eyes while moving upward on the mattress, as he entered the room. He kissed my cheek and stepped back, eyeing me with a smile. "I got you this."

I grabbed the bag from his hand and looked inside, noticing a sushi container. "I can't eat this shit while I'm pregnant!"

"Well damn! Way to spare a nigga's feelings. I searched high and low for that stuff."

"Whatever." I sighed, turning away from him and pulling the sheets over my head.

I felt him lay over my body. "I'm sorry for being insensitive at the hospital... I just didn't think about what I said.... it came out the wrong way."

I turned to him, finally working up enough nerve to confess what I held from Kaidyn for so long. "Cam, after we broke up, I had another abortion."

"What? Why didn't you tell me? I-"

"It wasn't your baby."

Thanks for reading! First chapter yaaaaaay! I can't believe this is the fourth book! I didn't even think it would become a series! Thanks guys for every comment, vote, share, read, on each story! I'm so glad you guys gave my stories a chance! I really love you guys! I didn't expect to put this one out so soon but I couldn't help myself after getting all of the messages! So glad you can connect with the stories!

Now! What do you guys think will happen this story? Which character do you most relate to the most? Do you think Dria should have told Cam about the abortion? Comment and Vote! Love and Lies #PartFour #LoveSeries