one

In·san·i·ty

noun

the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.

-----

"Hey Cal- Oh. It's you."

Michael strolls through the doorway acting badass as usual, his green hair and leather jacket louder than ever. Somedays I just want to slap that smirk off his face.

"Hey Ally, Michaels here!" I yell down the hall, not wanting to be alone with him. No matter how hard I try to like him, he's always such an asshole to me and my friends. I've never liked him, but he's in Calums band, and I told Cal he could invite anyone he wants for the little movie night I'm having.

"Do you have any guns in here? I need to shoot myself." She yells back, and I laugh. Ally can't stand Michael either, or so she says.

"So princess, what's for dinner? I'm starving." Michael purrs, running his hand through his hair. Princess is his little pet name for me, and quite frankly I'd like to shove a cactus down his throat every time he calls me it.

"Where's Calum." I ask, ignoring his question.

"He had to go pick up Luke and Ashton, he'll be here in a few minutes."

I'm surprised he got Luke to come. He's Michaels friend, and he's really secluded, never really talking to anyone but the green haired frat boy. I've never really said anything to him, and I know absolutely nothing about the guy except he can sing.

Calum is my best friend, other than Ally, and he's in this band called 5 Seconds of Summer that he started a few months ago. He's really into all that punk rock stuff and music, and I'm happy he's finally doing something about it other then sit in his room playing his guitar all day.

I pull the pizza out of the oven just as the doorbell rings. "Ally, can you get it?"

I put the pizza on the counter and cut it, grabbing the paper plates from the cabinet. Just as I'm about to set them down, two hands poke my waist, causing me to squeal and drop the stack.

"Damn it Calum," I laugh, "You know I'm ticklish."

He giggles, "Who doesn't?"

He helps me pick up the plates, Ally greeting Luke and Ashton. I look back up at Calum, only to find that his expression has turned dead serious.

"How have your, visions been lately?He whispers, just low enough for me to hear.

I stare at him, a sinking feeling forming in my stomach as my eyes dart around to make sure nobody heard him. "Do we have to talk about this now?"

"Mackenzie, I'm worried about you. This isn't something that normally happens to people." He mutters.

I inwardly cringe, and sigh. "Fine. They're worse. I used to only have them like twice a week, and now they're happening at least once a day."

I'm really starting to think I'm going crazy. These images are appearing in my head, things people should never see. I always end up having nightmares because of them. I don't know why or how they're happening, but I don't want to go to a doctor. They'll just prescribe me some bullshit meds and label me.

"Um, sorry to interrupt anything, but can I use your bathroom?" Luke's voice snaps me out of my daze. He's been standing at the counter the whole time. My face flushes.

"U-Um yeah. It's down the hall." My voice is squeaky.

I put the pizza on plates and walk into the living room, Calum trailing behind me. I hand Michael and Ashton a plate, who are sitting on the couch. I'm really not hungry now, thanks to Calum.