Prologue

"Mommy, where are we going?" I say as my fingers trace the rain drops down the window of the accelerating car.
   "Shush, Sam, everything will be alright." My mother's voice quivers and I can see her eyes beginning to form tears.
   "What's wro-"
   "I said shut up!" She hits the staring wheel with her frail hands. I begin to cry to. Mother is never like this, ever sense father left she has never been the same though.
   About three hours later, my eyes begin to get heavy and I drift into a sleep.
   I feel the car come to a stop. My eyes slowly come open. It was my seventh birthday so I thought I would be going somewhere fun. I was wrong.

   My pale feet the the concrete floor quickly yet silently. I am now thirteen and I am always curious. Am I wrong to be? My mother left me here without giving me any info. I went from wearing pink fluffy dresses, curly blonde hair, to stained up white oversized t-shirts and small grey short, with brown short choppy hair. My eyes have always been a dark green. The only thing this damned place can't take away from me.
   I silently open the tan door with a single window I am to short to see into. I reach for the handle. I get shocked by static. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I would go down the slide. I smile a bit and the silently opens the door.
  It's a simple office, nothing special, but I know better. This is where those fat suckers keep the goods. I start rummaging through the desk drawers, searching for any sweets my heart can find. The desk draws are empty so I move on to the fileing cabinets. I open the middle draw.
  I saw a file that said Asher Bent. I took it out and sat on the desk chair, it rolled back casually. I opened it and a CD fell into my lap. I glanced at it and shoved it in my training bra. I saw pictures of the boy. I havent seen one in years. He looks slightly older than me. Not by much.
   I then see a gruesome picture of him sprawled out on the floor. Green vains pop out on of his neck and on his face. His mouth has some sort of purple foam coming out of it. His eyes are rolled back into his head.
   My stomach twists and I place everything back as it was and leave the room. My appetite is ruined.