Chapter 2

Monday of next week came fast and Kali went to school that day as usual. She was going to talk to Mikey today about asking him to the Snowball dance. 

But strangely, he was nowhere around for the whole day. 

It was the middle of passing period, when Kali was looking around and came over to her friends by their lockers. 

"Hey, guys, have you seen Mikey?" the tomboy asked her 3 closest friends. 

"No" Teeders shook her head. "Was he suppose to meet you today?"

"I was down in the lair earlier this morning but his brothers told me he wasn't there. I thought he'd come here" Kali replied. 

"Maybe he's out getting pizza?" David thought. 

"Or scaring people" Cynthia mumbled, causing for her to get nudged in the shoulder by Teeders which also earned the fashionista a slight glare from her. 

Kali sighed with her head hung down, having doubts. "What if didn't even care and just left" 

Teeders came up to Kali and put her hand on her shoulder. 

"He would never do that. I know" she assured her best friend. "He probably just forgot and went out"

"Yeah, you now how distracted he can be" David added. 

"Tell me about it" Kali told her friends. "One time he smelled a pizza, he wound up lost, stuck in a garbage truck and ended up in Cleveland"  

"Are you sure he didn't just hit his head real hard or something when he was young?" Cynthia asked Kali, teasing a little. 

School soon ended that day and Kali walked straight home and headed right up into her room, lying on her bed as she groaned. She grabbed her pillow and closed her eyes, thinking for a bit about all this. 

When just then, she heard a tapping sound on her window. 

She looked up to see low and behold, her ninja turtle boyfriend Mikey outside her window on the fire escape. 

She screamed slightly, being alarmed and jumped back that he had surprised her. Mikey waved at her and smiled. Kali came over to her window and opened it up to let Mikey in. 

He was in his true turtle form, so they didn't have to worry about anyone seeing him because it was dark out at night. 

"What's up, dudette?" he greeted her casually as he came into her room. 

"How many times have I told you not to scare me like that you ragged reptile" Kali told her immature weird kind of a boyfriend, glaring slightly at him. 

"And now you wonder why she even started a relationship with this dimbo" Adventuregirl5 told the readers. 

"Uh, I'm an amphibian" Mikey corrected Kali, until he wasn't so sure himself. "Or at least I think that's what I am. Can turtles have a mother frog?" he asked. 

"Okay, enough!" Kali told the mutant reptile. "What are you doing here?"

"Just thought I'd come over to check on my favorite person in the whole wide world...." Mikey was about to say which got Kali excited, until. "Who I love having pizza eating contests with!" Mikey finished. 

Kali groaned. Although it was true they had pizza eating contests since they've met. Mikey usually won most of them. 

"Ugh, is there anything you're good at besides your endless appetite for pizza, Mikey?" the tomboy asked while she groaned, being sarcastic. 

".... I'm a ninja" he replied, flipping out one of his nunchucks. 

This only gave him another groan in response from Kali as she flopped down on her bed. 

"What's up?" he soon asked her, noticing her odd behavior. 

Kali decided to get this over with. She was a bit nervous though since Mikey had never been to a 'human' dance before and wouldn't know how to appropriately act without embarrassing her. But she knew she just had to ask him or else she would regret it for the rest of her life. 

She took a deep breath and turned around to face her unusual boyfriend. "Mikey?..."

"Yes?" he asked her, sitting down criss-cross on her rug. 

"Will you..." Kali started slowly. "Go to... the dance... with me?..."

"Sure" Mikey smiled to her in reply. 

Kali sighed in relief and happiness, until... 

"What dance?" Mikey asked her, stupidly. 

Kali groaned yet again, putting her hands up against her face, looking like she was about to tear her face off. 

The tomboy then sighed. "Nothing... Forget it" she told him. 

"Oookaaaaay?" Mikey said awkwardly before he headed back out the window onto the fire escape. 

"I'll see you later" he turned back at her before he then left.  

Kali groaned as she went over to her bed and sat down again after Mikey had left. Just then, she felt her phone vibrate in her pant pocket and took it out to see who was texting her. 

It was Janie. 

She had said that she was at her dad's house that night with her family for her brother's birthday and had gotten quite a surprise. Tom Popper had six penguins living in his house! 

Janie had texted Kali to invite her to the park tomorrow to meet the penguins. 

"Sounds good" the adventure girl texted back and Janie soon replied. 

"Great. See you tomorrow" 

Kali then prepared for bed that night, soon turning out the light and going to sleep.