Chapter 5

I unlocked the door. There stood a figure that I hadn't seen in a while

"Anderson?" I was so confused. How did he know that I moved? And where I moved.

"Hey, Celine. I know its kinda late, but the freak told Lestrade that you had moved, and I thought it would be nice to buy you flowers" he half-smiled. It warmed my heart, maybe someone cared. But I couldn't let this fool me. He probably wanted sex.

"Aw, thank you so much, Phillip. You didn't have to do this" I stepped aside, gesturing for him to come in.

"Make yourself comfortable, I'm just gonna put these in some water." I smiled sweetly

"Nice place you have, Cel. Too bad you've got the freak as a neighbour" he shrugged

"Who's the freak? Do you mean Sherlock?" I glared over at him.

"Yeah, who else?" he was talking to me like you would talk to a young child that didn't understand.

"Sherlock is not a freak. Yes, he may be rude and make you feel insignificant, but he is not a freak" I said sharply.

"Relax Celine, if I knew you were so defensive I wouldn't have brought it up" he was starting to get on my already fraying last nerve. I shut my eyes tightly and took a deep breath so as not to lose my temper.

"I think you should leave," I said, still clamping my eyes tightly.

"What?" he shouted rather loudly.

"I said leave!" I yelled, partially snapping. He glared at me and stomped to my front door. I threw it open and pointed out into the hall.

"I just hope you know that you're making a huge mistake!" he yelled.

"I think she told you to leave. It would be wise not to cross her" a deep voice said suddenly, sending shivers up my spine. I looked towards William, with a grateful look. He wasn't looking at me to receive it though. His eyes were dangerously trained on Anderson.

"Whatever, I don't need to be treated this way" he stormed out and I breathed out in relief. After a moment of peace, I looked up at Sherlock he was looking at me like I might need to be hospitalized.

"Thank y-"

"Do I make you feel insignificant?" his features softened and made tears rush to my eyes.

"Uh, I, um-uh" I tripped across words trying to find a good answer. He then pulled me against his chest in a... hug? Was he hugging me?

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to be this way" the words rumbled in his chest, which was pressed against the side of my face. I felt something press against my head; his lips? We stayed like that for a moment before he let me go.

"Goodnight Celine, sweet dreams" he yawned while stumbling up the stairs.

"Goodnight" I mumbled after he was out of earshot.

I dreamed of him that night.

"Hello, Celine. I've been waiting for you" he wasn't facing me and his tone was scary almost. I didn't think it possible to be scared of such a beautiful creature.

"Y-you have? Why?" I stuttered, adrenaline rushing through my veins. He laughed, a light and easy sound. I haven't even known this man a week but it felt like we'd been friends for years

"Because you're verrry special" he dragged out the R, it made my spine tingle uncomfortably.

"What are you talking about, Sherlock?­­" I gently touched my hand to his shoulder and he whipped around, making me jump.

"Do you still find me handsome?" his face was pale and distorted, his eyes were bleeding and completely red. His arm looked twisted in an inhumane way. I shuddered, he lurched forward and I hopped back. I fell and crawled away from him. My heart rate going so fast it felt as if it were going to jump out of my chest cavity.

I awoke in a cold sweat, bone-chilled tangle of sheets and hair. I took a moment to calm my breathing before getting up. I showered and brushed out the tangles of my knotty, wet hair. After, I scrubbed my teeth while dressing for work. I headed out the door without bothering with breakfast, double-checked the lock on the door and got a move on.

The day was bright but grey, just as I liked it. I hailed a cab and got in, instructing him where to go. He was about to put it in neutral when the door opened and Sherlock got inside.

"Good morning Celine, off to work?" his cheeriness sounded forced.

"Yes... are you off to the hospital, then?" I was trying to be polite.

"Yup, the morgue. I've got tests to run" he smiled down at me. It was silent until he hesitated as if to say something.

"If you want to talk about the nightma-"

"No thanks, William" I smiled at his effort. He blushed, nodded and faced the window. The rest of the ride was silent but not awkward.

At St.Barts, I did my rounds, checking on patients and making sure we had things ready for certain ORs.

Finally, when my break rolled around, I decided to go see what Sherly was doing. I took the elevator, anxiety gnawing at me. It was so strange. What in the world did I have to be anxious about? It dinged as I reached the right floor.

The doors opened wide and I heard the faint mumbling of a baritone voice. I felt at ease as soon as it came into earshot. I stepped in and saw him messing around with chemicals again. Molly was sitting there watching him very intently. I deduced immediately that she was madly in love with him. I sighed deeply, competition. Wait a minute, what? I wasn't in love with Sherlock! Impossible!

"Oh, hello wolfie!" he perked up as soon as he noticed me. I winked, "How's work so far?" he was trying hard to be nice.

"Pretty good so far, I guess. How's everything down here going" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Alright, except I need another cadaver. Molly would you get another?" he didn't even look at her

"Sure! I'll just be right back" she said, her voice perky and eager to please. She ran out of the room.

"Oh Sherly, you've got her wrapped around those slender fingers of yours" I tutted. He looked at me, with actual confusion.

"Oh, come on. Do you not know the effect you have on most women?" I scrunched my nose at him.

"What do you mean?" he tilted his head like a puppy.

"You... I don't know, you dazzle them, and it gets them to do what you please" I rolled my eyes playfully. His face was confused until a look flashed on his face, then it looked... sinister.

"Do I have you wrapped around my finger?" he smirked, making my knees start to buckle. He got up and stalked over to me. He put his arms on either side of my head, pinning me to the wall. He was so close that I could feel is warmth and smell his natural musk. I breathed in deeply, trying to trap as much of his scent as possible.

His lips were impossibly close to mine.

"A-am I interrupting something?" a small squeak came from the door. He growled, not unlike the time he had been nearly asleep on me.

"No, you aren't" I offered up, to comfort her of sorts. I gently pushed him off, in a polite-ish way.

"Now show me what you're working on," I asked.