Date

Conner and Ben both resided within the same apartment, yet they got ready separately as to not spoil the surprise of the other.

Conner had for once in his life decided to dress nice for this. He knew that if he didn't, the occasion would haunt his attire and he wouldn't be able to enjoy himself if he was under dressed. Most likely dressing nice would also cause problems with comfort, so he had to make some sacrifices. He wore a white dress shirt but opted for a more sexy look then dashing. He allowed himself black slacks because they did have a sort of comfortable tinge to them. He liked the way the semi-heavy fabric hung down his legs smooth and perfect. He wore black dress shoes to match.

When he looked himself over, his attire seemed too tight. Not like it didn't fit or anything, but it just looked not exactly relaxed or the sexy look he was going for.

He unbuttoned the top two buttons his shirt and took another look.

The release of the buttons allowed the collar to rest on his shoulders and relaxed the entire look much more. Conner liked it. He took a look at his hair.

He had washed it prior to now and that helped it look less clumpy, but the thickness of his hair made doing anything with it rather frustrating. Despite all odds, he messed with it enough to get it looking relaxed enough for his outfit, but not too relaxed as to upset it. Good enough.

Ben on the other hand was flipping out over what to wear. Conner once again was spontaneous. He wasn't sure what the other was wearing and he didn't want to overdress on the other. If only he could just peek in and see, but that's not only creepy, but crossing some lines.

So he went half casual half formal. A light pastel green polo and some dark slacks with dress shoes. He realized then that the polo didn't match the slacks so he went with a red button up. Better, but now it looks too formal... there's a paint in time where you gotta draw the line somewhere. He decided on the button up. He didn't put on a tie though, that would be too much.

They both exit their rooms at the same time and give each other a once over. Then a double take.

"Wow..." Ben was the first.

"You look decent. I didn't under dress right?"

"N-no. You're fine, you look good..." he said, at a loss for words.

Conner managed a small smile. "Okay, Platt. Where are we going?" He said, trying to get to the point.

"What do you like? Well go wherever has food you enjoy."

"Hahahahah. I'm a simple guy, Ben. Pizza is amazing. You could've just ordered takeout and I'd love you no less." He said.

"It's because I value you! Let's go somewhere good, there's a nice looking pizza place, if you want pizza let's get some like... special gourmet stuff or something~"

"If you want it to be a 'special date' whatever. I'm not necessarily a special guy. I'm a 'let's order takeout and stuff our faces while we watch shitty movies on the couch' kinda first date dude." He said, blushing a bit.

"Is that what you love?"

"Yeah. I'm not really complex."

Ben took off the button up and tossed it back in his room, leaving him in the simple white under tee. "Fuck it. Let's just order shit here. I'm in the more casual mood anyway." He chuckles.

Conner chuckles. "That's what I like to hear!"

~•~

Forty minutes into the date and both Ben and Conner were eating takeout and watching whatever was on Netflix that didn't inherently suck. Both sat on the couch watching the screen with interest as they took another bite of delivery Chinese food.

Every once in a while, Ben would catch a gleam in the eye of a very invested Conner, Whatever scene on the screen at that moment really seeming to peek his interest. It was cute to see someone who had been so closed off before now suddenly be so invested, so involved, and open to something so simple, like a good show. It made Ben smile.

"You getting into this show?"

"I don't know. It just seems so... wrong. The whole scenario is so fucked up and it's interesting to me. I'm trying to piece the conclusion together in my head before the events line up. Makes me feel like I have cool psychic abilities, or makes me feel like a detective. I like it. It's super fun." He said.

For once, the things he had said were not laced with any kind of regret, malice, or even depression. They were full of wonder, beauty, and intense passion. It was a side of Conner he had never seen. He had barely even seen such a passionate side of even mike before. Unless he was acting at least.

But of corse, Ben didn't want to say that. The last thing he wanted to do was upset Conner right now. And on their date even? No. No upsetting the other. He leans on Conner a little and it startled the other, but Conner smiles and leans back, resting his head on the others shoulder.

This was a moment that Ben would never forget. A moment that would lead itself down a trail of other moments that would eventually lead to a whole magical day that Ben would remember for the rest of his life.

But... would Conner continue to remember it even after coming back to his senses as Mike? Would mike remember it? Would they still be in love? Was mike in love with him before this whole mess? These are the thoughts that invaded Bens mind as they watched their movie.

Conner looked to him. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Me? I'm okay. I'm fine it's nothing." He said with a smile.

"You look like your deep in thought, what's goin on?"

"Usual shit. Again, don't let it ruin this moment, okay?"

Conner smiles a little. "Heyyy. You know what sounds fun."

"What?"

"Doing things were not suppose to do~ breaking the rules society has set for us to follow~"

"And What does that entail?"

"Making our a little~" Conner said.

"How in the world does making out break the rules of society?"

"The world is full of homophobia and we're gonna break that cycle, you and me. And if anyone tries anything, we punch them!"

"How about we punch them with our actions?"

"Punching is an action~"

"No violence~"

"Come onnnnnn. Fight a little! It's kinda fun."

"How about No?~"

"Laaammmmeee~" Conner chuckles.

Ben chuckles too, hugging the other to his chest and laying back on the couch. "I hope this is a memorable moment for you..."

"I'll remember it for as long as I can..."