Chapter 5

[12 MARCH 2019 | DENISSE]

Last week went by so quickly.

Going to Korea, attending Caratland, and even having a meal "with" Seventeen, sort of a "Last Supper."
An apt analogy given how many members SVT has.

Even the trip home happened in a flash.

Everything was over in a blink, just like a dream.

However, my dream didn't stop there.

After I finished unpacking, returning items to their usual spot, and separating my laundry for the cleaners, I got around to opening my Mac.

I logged in to check my messages, anticipating nothing special in my Inbox.

Then the most awesome news came!

There was an e-mail from Pledis, the Pledis.

I was invited to join their production team in Korea.

A year ago, Pledis made an announcement inviting applicants of various nationalities to become part of their organization.

Their talent pool was fast growing and they decided that diversity in their people was key in making sure that ideas and strategies remain fresh.

I still couldn't believe my eyes that I had to read the message a couple of times more.

Congratulations!

We invite you to join our production team for one of our K-Pop groups, Seventeen.

Did I save Korea during the Joseon Era?

I must have done something great! This is a dream come true!

After posting on Facebook and uploading an IG story about my good fortune, I immediately called friends and family and giddily shared the great news!

In so many words, I declared, "Finally, I am going to Korea to work for Seventeen!"

My start date was in ten days so I had to fix everything early.

Good thing I already took language electives back in university. 

I just need a quick refresher to brush up on what I already know.

I would not let any unexpected mishap prevent me from taking advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

NO WAY!

----------------- [22 MARCH 2019 | DENISSE]

Yesterday, after going through the dreamlike experience of boarding the Philippine Airlines plane and alighting at Incheon Airport, I took an Airbus to Seoul.

I settled in without much trouble in the living quarters provided for Pledis employees.

Eager to start on my first day of work, I got in a little too early.

I had a hard time sleeping the night before because I was too excited and anxious.

I got in bed early but only drifted to sleep a couple of hours after.

I was still a little sleepy when I woke up.

But I didn't want to be late so I forced myself to get out of bed and on my feet when my alarm rang at 5:00 AM.

I started my morning routine with my mind still half-asleep. It's my first day and I had to make a positive first impression.

Before leaving, I did a final check to ensure I did not forget anything.